2008 Vibe Non-M&T Upgrades.

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
deafanddiabetic

2008 Vibe Non-M&T Upgrades.

Post by deafanddiabetic »

Hey everybody,

Thought I'd start a new thread concerning this because most of the information I've read about concerning sounds systems has come from people who have the Moon and Tunes package. And I do not have it.

I'm going to put deadening in the door frames this weekend and while I'm in there put some new speakers in, but is there any way to put tweeters in as well? Since I don't have the "spot" for them that the M&T guys do?

Has anybody done some sound system upgrades in their base Vibe that led to better high range sound? (I'm partially deaf, I don't hear bass well)

I picked up a new head unit that I'll be putting in tonight to start off with, but I would love to get a little more clarity in my sound if possible.
ctgottapee

Re: 2008 Vibe Non-M&T Upgrades.

Post by ctgottapee »

You can make a spot in the door pillar area, how well it looks is up to your skill and materials, and then running the wire.
The M&T tweeter just uses a diff pillar panel with a grill cutout. Space behind would still be the same

If you don't like the end result, you can buy a new oem filler piece to replace it, or maybe even buy the M&T model pieces and use them but keep in mind the M&T tweeter may have diff dimensions and the filler doesn't like have mounting on it (possibly separate piece behind filler or just glue)

In an old car I had, I 'hung' the add on tweeters of the forward sill at the top of the roof line. The wire connections to the tweeter was heavily soldiered to hold the tweeter, and the corners of the roof and pillar hugged it's shaped, and they were pretty much hidden unless you looked hard....
GaryG92

Re: 2008 Vibe Non-M&T Upgrades.

Post by GaryG92 »

Slightly old thread, but this kind of contains some info I'm looking for.

What do you suggest for sound deadening material?

I'd like to put some tweeters in. I do not have the M&T package. Would I be able to "plug and play," or do I need extra power for them? I found the plug in for the tweeters when I took the door panel off, and I know those triangle pieces don't have the opening, but I'm sure I could find them somewhere or rig up something of my own. Thinking maybe grille cloth like they use on guitar amps would look cool. Can I buy tweeters from.. say.. Crutchfield and just plug them in?
Proud Vibe owner as of 6/13/2015
05 Base, 131k miles
Team Lava
Looking forward to many years of good Vibes!