Auto Locks

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
dgoff68

Auto Locks

Post by dgoff68 »

How do you make it so a 2007 base Vibe will NOT auto lock when you put it in gear? My wife hates that she can't just jump out of the car for a second without first hitting the unlock button. PLEASE HELP
dgoff68

Re: Auto Locks (dgoff68)

Post by dgoff68 »

Never mind I figured it out. You do it the same way you would with a 2005 vibe. The directions are in the 2005 vibe owners manual but not in the 2006 or 2007 but it still works. Now I'm off to try and get rid of that seatbelt buzzer.
pacerman

Re: Auto Locks (dgoff68)

Post by pacerman »

Did them both, my locks are set to mode 3 and the seatbelt chimes are silenced!! Now to make the OD default to OFF...........
2005 Vibe...Abyss ...AWD53 Stude HT, 76 AMC Pacer, 91 Camry 4WD,318 John Deere, Strong GS-210 Electric Bike
joatmon

Re: Auto Locks (pacerman)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by pacerman »Did them both, my locks are set to mode 3 and the seatbelt chimes are silenced!! Now to make the OD default to OFF...........why would you want to do that?
moseyon

Post by moseyon »

would you let me know the step-by-step direction to disable the auto lock? thanks.
pacerman

Re: Auto Locks (moseyon)

Post by pacerman »

its in the 05 Vibe owners manual
2005 Vibe...Abyss ...AWD53 Stude HT, 76 AMC Pacer, 91 Camry 4WD,318 John Deere, Strong GS-210 Electric Bike
pacerman

Re: Auto Locks (joatmon)

Post by pacerman »

I only use the OD for highway driving, My Maxima is OD default to off, I just feel more comfortable this way, if your doing a lot of city driving it only seems sensible (to me) to have the OD off when you start the car and go.........
moseyon

Post by moseyon »

sorry i didn't make myself clear enough. i have an 06 model and i didn't see the instructions in the manual. so if someone can let me know how i would appreciate it. thanks.
joatmon

Re: Auto Locks (moseyon)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by moseyon »sorry i didn't make myself clear enough. i have an 06 model and i didn't see the instructions in the manual. so if someone can let me know how i would appreciate it. thanks.you can download a copy of the 05 manual from http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=1010Quote, originally posted by "2005 Vibe OM Page 2-9" »Programmable AutomaticDoor LocksIf you have an automatic transaxle, your vehicle isequipped with an auto door lock/unlock feature whichenables you to program your power door locks.Your vehicle left the factory programmed to Mode 4.The following is a list of the available programmingoptions:Mode 1: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift leveris moved out of PARK (P) with the ignition on and alldoors and liftgate closed. There is no automaticdoor unlocking.Mode 2: No automatic door locking or unlocking.Mode 3: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift leveris moved out of PARK (P) with the ignition on and alldoors and liftgate closed. All doors and liftgateunlock when the shift lever is moved to PARK (P) withthe ignition on.Mode 4: All doors and liftgate lock when the shift leveris moved out of PARK (P) with the ignition on and alldoors and liftgate closed. All doors and liftgateunlock when the ignition switch is turned from ON toACC or to LOCK.To change the mode you are in, do the following:1. Set the interior lamp control dial to the door position.See Interior Lamps Control on page 3-16.2. Move the shift lever into PARK (P) and close alldoors and liftgate.3. Turn the ignition to ON.4. Within five seconds after the ignition is turned toON, press and hold the power door lock switch inthe lock position for about five seconds.5. The interior lamp will flash to indicate that the modehas been changed. For example, if the lamp flashesonce, the function has been changed to Mode 1.If the battery is disconnected or run down, the mode ischanged to the initial mode which is Mode 4.Quote, originally posted by pacerman »I only use the OD for highway driving, My Maxima is OD default to off, I just feel more comfortable this way, if your doing a lot of city driving it only seems sensible (to me) to have the OD off when you start the car and go.........if you are in the city and never get up to speed for the auto tranny to upshift into the top gear, then it really doesn't matter.
moseyon

Re: Auto Locks (joatmon)

Post by moseyon »

thanks joatmon. i set it to mode 3.
Mark

Re: Auto Locks

Post by Mark »

I have been searching for this, no idea why it never popped up before now. I even asked this on a thread in the Lounge but got nothing. I've been mostly still using the '04 Frosty for a daily driver, in large part because the door locks in mode 4 on the '08 Stealth just irritated the living crap out of me. There's nothing at all about programming the locks in the '08 manual.

But they ARE programmable and this procedure worked like a charm, they're set to mode 2 now, just like Frosty. Happy Happy Happy.

Thank you
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
Salsa Guy

Re: Auto Locks

Post by Salsa Guy »

Will this work with an 05 Trix?
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop