My daughter lost both fobs for the 04 that I just bought back from her. I bought two new ones on Amazon for $25 and used the procedure above to program both of them on the first try. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR ... UTF8&psc=1
I tried to make it a bit more readable:
1. Setup: - ignition is off and key out - all doors closed except driver door - driver door unlocked
2. insert and remove ignition key twice within 5 seconds
3. Close and open driver door twice in 40 seconds
4. Insert and remove ignition key once
5. Close and open driver door twice in 40 seconds
6. Insert ignition key
7. Close driver door
8. Turn ignition from LOCK to ON (not START) and back to LOCK 2 times
9. Remove ignition key
10. System should LOCK and UNLOCK doors (once or twice) to confirm rewrite mode
11. Within 40 seconds simultaneously press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the fob for 1 to 1.5 seconds. Then within 1 second press either the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the fob
12. Doors will LOCK and UNLOCK once if code is accepeted. If the they LOCK and UNLOCK twice, the code was not accepted and you need to repeat steps 11 and 12.
13. To add another transmitter code (up to 4 codes total) repeat steps 11 thru 13.