'06 Interior Antifreeze Smell

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
ponota

'06 Interior Antifreeze Smell

Post by ponota »

Great site and I am a new user. I have an '06 Vibe that has an antifreeze smell inside the car. It's not always, just sometimes. There seems to be no visible leaks. The dealer has checked it and cannot find anything. Anyone have this problem or could guide me in the right direction?
trimovingxr

Re: '06 Interior Antifreeze Smell (ponota)

Post by trimovingxr »

Monitor the level in the coolant reservoir, under the hood. If it keeps getting low, probably heater core is leaking.
My Webpage
phunkyvibe

Post by phunkyvibe »

You know, the other day I thought I smelled the exact same thing, and I thought that i was imagining it. I too have an 06. I had the window open a crack, and i was not around any other running cars. I thought I was losing it. If you find any other info on this, let me know. Thanks alot!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I occaisionally get an antifreeze smell in mine, but the coolant level has ben stable. I haven't paid attention to the circumstances when it happens.
MAVibe

Re: '06 Interior Antifreeze Smell (joatmon)

Post by MAVibe »

Yes-- I've had that same distinct odor maybe twice w/ my Vibe. HMMMMMM.
HISTORY:2006, debadged, Cosmo Racing SR, Megan Racing strut bar, Progress swaybar, custom VVT-I body decals, GrafxWerx engine cover overlay, front-end bra, WeatherTech visors, S2000 antenna, f&r mudflaps, roof spoiler, AND MODA R9's w/ 225/40/18 Yokohama Avid's....
shane_c

Post by shane_c »

I occasionally get the smell in the car too. But it seemed to only be last year when I was using my A/C.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
ponota

Post by ponota »

I guess I'm not the only one. The strange thing is that it is not often. I'm still under warranty and I have left it with the dealer will I am away for a few days. I'm not confident they will find anything, but if they do, I'll let you know. Thanks for the input.