Back again

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
mkowdley
Site Admin

Back again

Post by mkowdley »

Hi folks.Sorry about the interruptions in service we've been experiencing. Please be sure that Nick and I are doing our best to keep things rolling.Unfortunately our forum software is no longer supported by the manufacturer (RelyNet) in it's current form and there really isn't an upgrade option, so we'll be exploring our choices in the coming weeks.Again, sorry for any interruptions. We'll keep you posted!Mike K.
joatmon

Re: Back again (mkowdley)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »Unfortunately our forum software is no longer supported by the manufacturer (RelyNet) in it's current form and there really isn't an upgrade option, so we'll be exploring our choices in the coming weeks.Porting all the content to a new forum package sounds like a serious task.One feature of genvibe that I think is special is that the forum supports and the admins allow the uploading of attachments. Some forums' value is only in the last week's, or the last month's posts, but genvibe is a reference for pretty much all five of its years so far. Over a couple of years, people do come and go, and personal webspaces change, but when people upload their pictures for their how-to's to genvibe, the pictures stay, even if the member moves on or loses their own webspace. This helps genvibe have fewer broken image links, and makes it a better reference, so I hope that if you do switch software, you continue to allow attachments.and thanks again for genvibe
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Thanks for the update, Mike. We appreciate what you and Nick are doing for us here on GenVibe. I would actually look for word to a new version of GenVibe on new software. I like the look of http://www.matrixowners.com and of http://www.mnsportcompacts.net. Both are newer software with tons of options. Good luck with your search!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

sounds just like our Data saving programs we have at work for torque, GM is upgrading to windows XP ( yes thats right just now to XP ) and our old programs aren't compatible with XP.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Thanks for all the work your doing, there are many of us that really appreciate having this site.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
redlava

Re: Back again (scherry2)

Post by redlava »

So that means they should be upgrading to Vista around the year 2018.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »Unfortunately our forum software is no longer supported by the manufacturer (RelyNet) in it's current form and there really isn't an upgrade option, so we'll be exploring our choices in the coming weeks.I see that joatmon noted on the RelyNet forums that another forum site was using ZeroForum 2.1.2.b; we're using 2.1.1.g. I don't see any any news that a newer version of ZeroForum is being released. Sounds like RelyNet is nearing the end...I second joatmon's request that any future forum software include a feature to attach image files to the post. This is a very positive feature here.