PCV Valve Clarifications on Gen 1’s

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
STREETFIGHTER50

PCV Valve Clarifications on Gen 1’s

Post by STREETFIGHTER50 »

Ok I’ve tried to search PCV valves on our cars, but have gotten mixed answers. Can we verify which is correct?

-Base models with 1zz engines take the coarse threaded PCV valve (Fram part # FV406)
-GT models with 2zz engines take the fine threaded PCV valve (Fram part # FV407)
-AWD models??

Please post up your car year/model/engine and which PCV valve you installed with the part # whether or not it’s a Fram.
CraftsmanQuad19

Re: PCV Valve Clarifications on Gen 1’s

Post by CraftsmanQuad19 »

Awd use the base 1zz engine, can’t imagine they’d be any different than a fwd 1zz (auto or stick shouldn’t make a difference either)
“I don’t do nothing well.” -Keith
STREETFIGHTER50

On Amazon the Fram FV406 fits my base 2006, but says it doesn’t fit on my base 2007 :? IDK why, it’s the same engine
FishinSam

Post by FishinSam »

Put on in last month (Fram), don't have the part number handy... but let a ton of oil mist through.
Just swapped it with an Intermotor el cheapo PCV. Hopefully, it works until I find the PROPER one. Even Toyota Parts couldn't help.
I'll be following this thread closely.
STREETFIGHTER50

Did you shake it to make sure the check valve wasn’t stuck?
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have three Gen 1 Vibes and four PCV valves. About once a year or every other oil change, I pull the PCV valve and put the spare one in. Then I spray out the used one with carb cleaner, let it dry and put it back on the shelf till the next Vibe comes up in the rotation. Not sure what the threads are, but it's the one that takes a 7/8" socket.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I don't think there is a rhyme or reason as to which fits which vehicle. It could be based on where the engine was built.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe