Exhaust manifold/exhaust pipe.

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
DopeVibeGT

Exhaust manifold/exhaust pipe.

Post by DopeVibeGT »

I got a 'direct replacement' catalytic converter to replace my current one, since Im getting a P0420 code. The size of the replacement cat and the size of my exhaust manifold are different. I have a 03 GT and the flange is bigger than the new pipe. Gasket is even way bigger. Question is, are the exhaust sizes different on a 1zz and a 2zz? Im assuming the GT has a larger diameter pipe? It was listed as fitting all vibes, base and GT.

I have an O2 sensor that no one else seems to have. Theres the one between the 2 cats and then one after the last cat and before the resonator. See picture.
Attachments
cat.jpg
cat.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 1052 times
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
zbyers

Re: Exhaust manifold/exhaust pipe.

Post by zbyers »

What's the part number on your replacement one? Perhaps you were sold the incorrect one?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
DopeVibeGT

Re: Exhaust manifold/exhaust pipe.

Post by DopeVibeGT »

zbyers wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:43 am What's the part number on your replacement one? Perhaps you were sold the incorrect one?
I got it off of eBay. They had it listed for a GT, but it doesnt fit. I believe it was for a 1ZZ base. The 2ZZ must have a bigger diameter exhaust and only one cat. They returned my money and told me to keep the cat. 8-)
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress