1ZZ FE Exhaust Header Help

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
TYK97

1ZZ FE Exhaust Header Help

Post by TYK97 »

I have a 2003 Vibe and have been searching for new performance headers for quite a while now. DC Sports stopped making the headers for the 03 Vibe base.

I found a used 2001 Celica GT header on ebay. Both cars share the same engine, 1ZZ FE. My question is, will a 01 Celica GT header fit on the vibe without modification and will it be an effective performance upgrade? Effective as in exhaust gas will leave the engine faster. I already know HP gain will be minimal.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/00-01-02-03-04- ... ition=3000

The only difference that stands out to me is how thin the header tubes are compared to an actual performance header.

Thank you
joatmon

Re: 1ZZ FE Exhaust Header Help

Post by joatmon »

The toyota part number for an 03 base (not GT or AWD) exhaust header is 17104-0D040. Looking at pics of that part number and the pic in the ebay sale you posted, I can't tell how closely the two align. You'd expect them to bolt onto the engine fine, but can't tell how well the other end would line up with the existing Vibe exhaust. Another thing is the Vibe header has a hole for the upstream O2 sensor, I can't tell if the celica one has such a hole

I am not qualified to say if you'd see any performance difference