AWD exhausts can be purchased from Canada

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
Vulcan

AWD exhausts can be purchased from Canada

Post by Vulcan »

Just a PSA, if you're looking for a direct-fit exhaust for your AWD Vibe, and finding them hard to track down, you might take the search to Canadian ebay sellers. The only US State they won't ship to is California; whereas a US-based seller, IF they have the parts (good luck) won't ship to NY as well as CA.

I'm a NY resident, so this matters to me at the moment. The parts are also 3-4x cheaper from Canada. I have no idea of the quality, but they are made in Canada, probably pretty good.
2006 AWD, 207k
zbyers

Re: AWD exhausts can be purchased from Canada

Post by zbyers »

Canada is also a good place to source the rear disc brake dust shields. They're stupid expensive here in the USA.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

zbyers wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:18 am Canada is also a good place to source the rear disc brake dust shields. They're stupid expensive here in the USA.
Thanks! My AWD has drums on the rear. Working fine, but the exterior metal of the drums is literally falling apart.

The exhaust system from Canada is about $100 for the cat part, and $100 for the midpipe-to-muffler. I know cheap isn't a good idea with something connected to the computer, but being in NY I simply can't get an original fit exhaust anywhere else. Having just done the post-manifold spring bolts and gaskets, a new exhaust should be a lot easier to install.

I'm going to try cleaning out the converter first though.
2006 AWD, 207k
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

oops double post
2006 AWD, 207k
Coolharts

Post by Coolharts »

I guess I am fortunate to have a 2005 AWD outside of the rust belt, my exhaust is still factory fresh at 279K miles. It is good to know that parts are available. For some reason many of my cars are odd balls when it comes to getting parts for them.
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

Found another source today, and based in NY!
Either they didn't get the memo/scare about these cars, or they know something other sources don't. Maybe there is an exemption (to the parts ban) in the fine print of the law, who knows.

https://www.macautoparts.net/full-exhau ... heel-drive
2006 AWD, 207k
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Vulcan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 am Found another source today, and based in NY!
Either they didn't get the memo/scare about these cars, or they know something other sources don't. Maybe there is an exemption (to the parts ban) in the fine print of the law, who knows.

https://www.macautoparts.net/full-exhau ... heel-drive
Man for their cost of just the converter, even the Canadia option is better!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Vulcan

Post by Vulcan »

there might be a reason the Canadian part is cheaper, like less platinum.

I don't know, I'm going to go with the o2 sensor spacer for now. For a 200k , 15 year old car, if I can get by with that it makes more sense to me.
2006 AWD, 207k