TRD SUPERCHARGER QUESTIONS

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
PapaToon3

TRD SUPERCHARGER QUESTIONS

Post by PapaToon3 »

Matrixowners is down and I need a little help.
I came across a gentleman who is selling a used supercharger. It is only the charger and no other accessories.
I'm on a 04 Matrix base with CAI ,upgraded headers and axleback.
He told me it needs new bearings which he has. I been working on cars for a while, so I feel confident I can fix it.
I have several questions that I need help with because I have been reading about this on forums and they are all over the place.

Do I need the 5th fuel injector?
Do I need the upgraded ECU if I don't use the 5th injector?
Is there a website I can pick up aftermarket pulleys, the alternator bracket adapter, bolts and hoses?
Or if anyone knows someone who can help out with parts.

I will have more questions as I continue my research. Thanks you.
ImUrOBGYN

Re: TRD SUPERCHARGER QUESTIONS

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Have you also tried newcelica.org? A wealth of information you may delve into while waiting for matrixowners.com or corolla9.com to come back online or for someone to reply here.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
sweetpete220

Post by sweetpete220 »

You do not need the 5th injector if you get larger injectors. The ones from the xrs would be fine and I believe they are either 310cc or 320cc. Are you standard transmission or automatic? You will need to get a piggyback like the AEM FIC or the Greddy Emanage. I actually have a complete SC set in my garage that will be installed in the next few weeks so I've been doing tons of research over the past few months.

You'll need a larger serpentine belt, although I'm not sure what the part number is, and you will need one step colder spark plugs. the IE7X or something would work fine. I will say, if he only has the SC and not the SC pulley, it will be very difficult to find, as will the SC support bracket but they aren't impossible to find. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Things you need:

Supercharger
Idler bracket (hard to find, and might be your biggest hang-up)
Belt (Dayco 5060850)
Colder plugs (NGK BKR7EIX, I believe it's NGK 2667 from auto parts stores)
Colder thermostat (160 ideally, but 170 will be fine)
Engine management
Some form of extra fuel delivery

If you can't source the TRD stuff, best option would be 2ZZ injectors and a piggyback from AEM or someone. Then you'll need to get a tune. But that idler bracket will be tough to source. If you have a Facebook I encourage you to join the Vibe and Matrix pages and post up asking about it. The Facebook page is a LOT more active.