Anyone used this?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
skeletron

Anyone used this?

Post by skeletron »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-05-PONTIAC-V ... 32&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wondering if anyone has used this before and if so, is it a good deal and what size of belt would I need to get? I have the TRD supercharged 2004 Base Vibe...
hotbug1776

Re: Anyone used this?

Post by hotbug1776 »

Not really recommended, as it slows down the alternator, which is barely holding on as it is. If you do get an underdrive pulley, get the matching alternator pulley as well to keep the electrical system happy.
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

hotbug1776 wrote:Not really recommended, as it slows down the alternator, which is barely holding on as it is. If you do get an underdrive pulley, get the matching alternator pulley as well to keep the electrical system happy.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if Pulley Boys offers those? Or do you have a brand preference?
CharlesinGA

Post by CharlesinGA »

You are messing with the speed that the water pump, the alternator, and the power steering pump turn at. Could cause issues all the way around. Why bother doing this to gain an extra tenth of a horsepower? I don't know the exact gain, but you get the picture, the gain is so little at to be not worth the trouble.

Charles