What is it?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
LedFootin

What is it?

Post by LedFootin »

What is this and why is it going "Tick, tick, thick,tick tick,thck"?
Attachments
DSC_0309.jpg
DSC_0309.jpg (62.43 KiB) Viewed 1339 times
Platinum '06 GT: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch w/10lb. Flywheel, Magnaflow Cat Back, Typhoon SRI, TRD Strut Bar, TRD Sway Bar Set, Eleminated Moon Roof Soft Stop, Horn Lock Conformation, Color Matched Key Hole Covers, Rear Bumper Protector, Debadged.
Rayven01

Re: What is it?

Post by Rayven01 »

Hard to tell from that picture but if you clean off the dirt from the writing, one of those numbers should be a part number you can google.
Image  Image
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

LedFootin wrote:What is this and why is it going "Tick, tick, thick,tick tick,thck"?
I'm pretty sure that's the VSV (Vacuum Switching Valve)... had to relocate it when installing a cold air intake and know it makes a ticking sound as you indicated.
LedFootin

Post by LedFootin »

NSimkins wrote:I'm pretty sure that's the VSV (Vacuum Switching Valve)... had to relocate it when installing a cold air intake and know it makes a ticking sound as you indicated.
Yes, I had to relocate it when I installed the SRI but, is it suposed to be that loud or do I need to replase the screwy thing?
Platinum '06 GT: F1 Racing Stage 1 Clutch w/10lb. Flywheel, Magnaflow Cat Back, Typhoon SRI, TRD Strut Bar, TRD Sway Bar Set, Eleminated Moon Roof Soft Stop, Horn Lock Conformation, Color Matched Key Hole Covers, Rear Bumper Protector, Debadged.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

LedFootin wrote: Yes, I had to relocate it when I installed the SRI but, is it suposed to be that loud or do I need to replase the screwy thing?
Mine's loud as well. I might very well be wrong, but I believe it's part of the system that takes evaporated gasoline from the gas tank and spits it into the intake manifold for emissions. The vapors are stored in a canister at the back end of the car, then when it's warmed up, sent to the front. That may be why it's so loud, but I can't be too sure if it's SUPPOSED to be.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit