06 07 Fuel Problems

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
djkeev

06 07 Fuel Problems

Post by djkeev »

This rating appeared in another post. It indicates that 06 and 07 have SERIOUS fuel issues.I've got an 07 with almost 90,000 on it and no issues with anything....what problem am I staring at that hasn't yet manifested itself in my car?!?!Doing a search using "Fuel system problems" I get several hits on bad gas door hinges but that is all.Quote, originally posted by Cougar Vibe »Here is some additional reliability info from Consumer Reports that might help you out: Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Vinlandr

Re: 06 07 Fuel Problems (djkeev)

Post by Vinlandr »

I am also wondering for my 2006 at 91000km
Vibe base 2006 Neptune Blue Powerpack
10vibe

Post by 10vibe »

The Consumer Report's fuel category includes the PCM/ECM recall I assume, plus oxygen sensors.The ECM/PCM falls under the fuel system category. Fuel system: check engine lights, sensors (includes O2 or oxygen sensor), emissions control devices (includes EGR), engine computer, fuel cap, fuel gauge/sender, fuel injection system, fuel pump, fuel leaks, stalling or hesitation.Engine major: Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain.Engine minor: Oil leaks, timing belt, accessory belts, engine mounts, engine knock or ping.Engine, cooling: Radiator, cooling fan, antifreeze leaks, water pump, thermostat, overheating.Transmission, major: rebuild or replacement, torque converter, premature clutch replacement.Transmission, minor: gear selector or linkage, coolers and lines, rough shifting, slipping trans, leaks, trans computer, trans sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, hydraulics (clutch master or slave cylinder).Drive system: Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, wheel bearings, differential, transfer case, 4wd/awd components, driveline vibration, traction control, stability control, electrical failure. Electrical: Alternator, starter, battery cables, engine harness, coil, ignition switch, electrical ignition, distributor or rotor failure, spark plugs and wires failure.ETC:I wonder if intake and throttle body gaskets would fall under engine major, minor or fuel system. Head gaskets would be engine major.
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Having just been through warranty repairs (thank goodness for GMPP Major Guard) on my 2005 AWD, I can report that there are a couple of issues with the fuel / emissions control systems that may affect 05-08 Vibes. (I'm not an expert, so please excuse my non-technical descriptions )One is the gas filler neck. This is the tube that the gas pump nozzle goes into. Apparently, it can corrode and cause the fuel system vacuum pressure sensor to throw an error code.A second issue is the plastic hoses connecting the fuel tank and engine to the emissions filter canister. These hoses may develop pinhole leaks and also cause the fuel system vacuum pressure sensor to throw an error code.It took six visits to the Pontiac dealer to resolve these issues, which also occur with the Matrix.The diagnostic tests would not run successfully until both these parts were replaced on my vehicle.I'm not saying that this will happen on every Vibe, but this may be a concern for those of us in road salt land.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
10vibe

Re: 06 07 Fuel Problems (ehoff121)

Post by 10vibe »

ehoff,Were you having any noticeable issues or just the codes? Hesitation, hard starting, especially when hot, erratic idle, poor gas mileage, raw gas smells?
2010 Vibe 1.8 auto, fwd, base, air, preferred package, cargo mgt, cargo cover, ultra white.
ehoff121

Re: 06 07 Fuel Problems (10vibe1.8auto)

Post by ehoff121 »

Quote, originally posted by 10vibe1.8auto »ehoff,Were you having any noticeable issues or just the codes? Hesitation, hard starting, especially when hot, erratic idle, poor gas mileage, raw gas smells?Just the codes.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum