Need tips on Swivel Mount/Rev Mount Frnt Passenger Seat

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
GhostShadow

Need tips on Swivel Mount/Rev Mount Frnt Passenger Seat

Post by GhostShadow »

I have a 2006 Matrix and am deep into process of converting it into a Mobile Studio.
One of the KEY features for this to work best is that I am able to REVERSE MOUNT the passenger seat.

Unfortunately due to asymmetrical mounting bracket for slide rails, the bolt pattern needs custom fabrication as the rear counsel adjacent bolt mounts vertically and the other three horizontally.

I have already disconnected the airbag and pressure sensors etc. Also fount a matching passenger seat and rail in junkyard to practice on so as not to ruin my factory stock version.

Really needing ideas on making this work successfully and safely be able to place back into passenger seat mode.

This is a "stealth" vehicle and really needs to look stock when in driving face forward seating position. All windows in back will be limo tinted.
Also will be used for boondocking while traveling.

Any ideas on how to modify specifically to reverse mount the seat with some sort of quick release are highly appreciated, this has been such a brain itch for to long! ;)
joatmon

Re: Need tips on Swivel Mount/Rev Mount Frnt Passenger Seat

Post by joatmon »

I have no idea. Anything I might make wouldn't be safe. don't know if there's clearance to do a full 180 spin, might need something like a symmetrical quick disconnect that you could pull the seat out and put it in backwards

Only thing remotely similar I could find was this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WICAGtn83P8
which is a pretty cool thing, but that company is in India, so it seems unlikely they'd be a viable option for you, and its not a stock seat
tpollauf

Re: Need tips on Swivel Mount/Rev Mount Frnt Passenger Seat

Post by tpollauf »

Interesting video you found there joatmon! As an individual who "loves to reinvent the wheel" this would be quite the challenge and involve some serious time to achieve. Nothing that I couldn't accomplish BUT am in the middle of too many other projects at the present time to take on another one. I'm still in the middle of my "retirement in training" phase until the end of this year and then hopefully 2022 & beyond I'll have a LOT of free time to do whatever I want :P
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"