New AZ member, just purchased an '09

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Ghav

New AZ member, just purchased an '09

Post by Ghav »

Good afternoon!

I've been borrowing my grandmother's Corolla for a while (her memory isn't good enough anymore for her to drive it), but it's getting near the end of its life. It's a 2000, and it hasn't been taken care of... lots of problems and has been a bit of a money sink. Ultimately, my mechanic told me to give up on the car, so I was kinda excited to start looking for a new vehicle :lol: Not long into my search, I heard about the Vibe and found this forum. What a practical car! I just bought my '09 manual transmission on Monday and I'm loving it so far! It's definitely a great combination of just about everything I was looking in a car! It's small yet roomy, gets good mileage but is not a slow car, has the reliability of a Toyota, and has plenty of room in the back! The fact that they run for cheap due to being "Pontiac" was a huge plus as well ;) I haven't gotten the chance to photograph it yet, but once I do, I'll be sure to post some pictures! It's a beautiful turquoise color, and that was another huge plus for me :D Anyways though, nice to meet you all! Looking forward to chatting, and I'll be sure to post any questions as they come up.
CraftsmanQuad19

Re: New AZ member, just purchased an '09

Post by CraftsmanQuad19 »

The vibe is actually built on a Corolla platform, so it should be very similar to own and drive
“I don’t do nothing well.” -Keith
Ghav

Post by Ghav »

Yeah, I do appreciate the similar handling. It took me just a little bit to get used to the torque, especially since the clutch pad on the old Corolla was wearing out bad, but it in no way feels unfamiliar! Just feels like an upgrade, which is what it is, honestly :lol:
Meshami

Post by Meshami »

Congrats on the new ride! Would love pics when you get them.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe :D . Seeing you're from Arizona AND assuming that is where this Vibe has been most of it's life, you likely have a VERY clean, rust free Vibe :P Something that a lot of us in rust belt states are jealous of! Post pics when you get a chance and keep this beauty for quite some time. These are very economical cars to own and operate.
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"