Hello from NC

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Zachbefit

Hello from NC

Post by Zachbefit »

Hi everyone I'm Zach, I am sure that is obvious considering my username. I hope you all are well! And I am thrilled to be on another car forum! Its been years!

Anyways, a few years back I owned a 2006 ATX Vibe that I ended up selling with 277k on the odometer. Really amazing car, always wanted another one sometime due to the dependability. Recently I acquired a 2009 MTX Vibe GT with 70k miles that is in need of some TLC. Really enjoy it so far. Spiffy little car I do have to say, for what it is.
tpollauf

Re: Hello from NC

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Zach ;) Your "acronyms" on the two vehicles listed has me a bit confused (automatic trans?, manual trans?) but at least they are Vibes :D The newest one sounds like you got a very low mileage Vibe so I'm curious as to what TLC it needs. Post pics when you get a chance and thanks for joining up with us!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Zachbefit

Post by Zachbefit »

tpollauf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:22 pm Welcome to GenVibe Zach ;) Your "acronyms" on the two vehicles listed has me a bit confused (automatic trans?, manual trans?) but at least they are Vibes :D The newest one sounds like you got a very low mileage Vibe so I'm curious as to what TLC it needs. Post pics when you get a chance and thanks for joining up with us!
Thank you! Yeah ATX & MTX is acronyms that were used on a car forum I use to be a part of way back in the day. Lazy way of saying I had a automatic and now have a manual :D

Will do! Working a lot right now, plan to hopefully have a Vibe day here in the next weekend or two and can get some more photos. It’s mainly cosmetic things, needs paint, new radio cause oem is broke, shifter bezel, window sweeps, tires, a rim cause one was curbed pretty badly, floor mats cause it doesn’t have any currently, and to figure out why the airbag/seatbelt safety system light is staying on 🤔 lol other than that it runs and drives great!
cab4word67

Hello everyone at GenVibe

Post by cab4word67 »

Just found your site and have been reading a lot of post.
We just bought our Dark gray 05 base mod with an AT and 81K. The vibe was very dirty as the owner packed 3 dogs around so I have been cleaning a lot. I had to replace the PS seatbelt because a dog chewed it. I added yellow LED fog light blubs and after servicing the aged headlights I replaced the blubs with LEDs also. Much better now.
Anyway thanks for letting be become a member.
Chris, west coast
67 C10, 65 Mustang, 04 Heritage F150, and a 05 VIBE
Always spending $$$$
67 C10, 65 Mustang, 04 F150, 05 Vibe
Chris
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

Zachbefit wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:37 pm
tpollauf wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:22 pm Welcome to GenVibe Zach ;) Your "acronyms" on the two vehicles listed has me a bit confused (automatic trans?, manual trans?) but at least they are Vibes :D The newest one sounds like you got a very low mileage Vibe so I'm curious as to what TLC it needs. Post pics when you get a chance and thanks for joining up with us!
Thank you! Yeah ATX & MTX is acronyms that were used on a car forum I use to be a part of way back in the day. Lazy way of saying I had a automatic and now have a manual :D

Will do! Working a lot right now, plan to hopefully have a Vibe day here in the next weekend or two and can get some more photos. It’s mainly cosmetic things, needs paint, new radio cause oem is broke, shifter bezel, window sweeps, tires, a rim cause one was curbed pretty badly, floor mats cause it doesn’t have any currently, and to figure out why the airbag/seatbelt safety system light is staying on 🤔 lol other than that it runs and drives great!
Hey Zach
Welcome aboard one of the best car forums on the net. Lots of helpful people and great how to articles to read to help you on your way. If you can't find just ask and chances are that someone here has already done (or at least tried it).

What part of NC do you reside in? I am in Charlotte.
2003 Base Vibe