Car Wobble

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
xProtege16x

Car Wobble

Post by xProtege16x »

Hello there Vibe Community,

I need help with something. I had the car since 2017 after my brother got the car fixed after him being in a accident. He got a used engine, the car had about 92, 93k but when he got the engine in, it went up too 160k. Not sure if thats possible but thats what he told me. So about 2 years ago I went to a small town out in the country side where there's dirt road with rocks. So I drove it normally when I got there. Stayed under 35 (I drive a 2009 Vibe GT) and everything went smoothly in a way. Besides the rough road, it was all good. So went I get there, my nephew asks me if he could go and hang out with his friends(I was 24 at the time, he was 17). Night comes and he gets back and hands me the keys. I went to his room and asked him if he's alright, he told me he drifted the car and said the front bumper kinda came loose, lost some pieces black pieces to the car(underneath the bumper). I didn't think of it much at the time, I would've done the same but in my brother's truck though.

So I get in the car the next morning to drive back home, while I was driving the car felt odd, I couldn't tell but it felt different once I hit the freeway. I didnt think much of it. A few weeks goes by and all of a sudden the car starts to shake a little. Not too much, just the steering wheel. More and more time it starts to shake the car. I don't drive it for much. Maybe less tham 30 miles a day when I worked outside of Dallas but that was much it since 2018. By 2019 i only drove it for 10miles at max a day.

That's the backstory now on the how it feels. The car shakes when braking more than 50mph on light braking but has light shaking under 40mph on light braking. The engine rattles when starting up, like its shaking. When I put it in neutral or reverse it doesnt shake at all but once on Drive it does. That's been happening since I got the car, more noticeable once the shaking began. And now theres a brake light on the dash that started a couple of days ago.

Now I want to fix it, I used to live paycheck-to-paycheck and now I'm making good enough money to start fixing it. It's been my car since I moved Dallas and I want to keep it that way. If there's anyway to help me or guide me in the direction to get this car back into shape, that'd be great! If you more details about the issues, please let me know!
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT in Mystic Blue
andrewclaus

Re: Car Wobble

Post by andrewclaus »

There's some damage and/or wear to front end suspension and steering parts. Take it to a reputable shop that does alignments and get a repair estimate.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

santa andy's right, take it to a shop that can really check it out. A potential safety issue, depending on what's wrong
xProtege16x

Post by xProtege16x »

Sorry for the late reply.

I've seen videos and it seems i could have the Death Wobble. Are there any parts i need to buy?
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT in Mystic Blue