Underdrive pulley

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
KingKrab65

Underdrive pulley

Post by KingKrab65 »

I am seriously considering putting an underdrive pulley on the crank and alternator of my 2003 Vibe (base). Maybe an Unorthodox Racing version.

To those who have already installed one, was it worth it? Did you have a noticeable performance increase? I was just curious before I put my cash, time and effort into doing the install.

Thanks.
2003 Base Vibe
SeattleJeremy

Re: Underdrive pulley

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I put an underdrive crank pully on my Grand Am V6. I did a bunch of stuff to that silly car (exhaust, intake, suspension). The crank pully was the only thing that actually made the car faster because it revved more freely.

I can't speak to how it would affect the Vibe, but I was happy with my experience.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
KingKrab65

Re: Underdrive pulley

Post by KingKrab65 »

SeattleJeremy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:51 am I put an underdrive crank pully on my Grand Am V6. I did a bunch of stuff to that silly car (exhaust, intake, suspension). The crank pully was the only thing that actually made the car faster because it revved more freely.

I can't speak to how it would affect the Vibe, but I was happy with my experience.
Great, thanks for the input. I always do silly stuff to my cars & trucks. For me it's fun and I get a better understanding of vehicle systems.
2003 Base Vibe