Interesting article on Denso

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
pwyu1969

Interesting article on Denso

Post by pwyu1969 »

Here’s and interesting article on Denso’s OEM vs Aftermarket divisions. I often see conflicting reviews on the internet where Denso is OEM or OEM quality and others say Denso is junk (not necessarily vibe folks). This helps make sense of this, maybe. I live in W MI where tier 2 and 3 manufacturing is king so it’s a bit close to home too I suppose. https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/2019 ... identical/
Caretaker

Re: Interesting article on Denso

Post by Caretaker »

I think I need a bit of the "cliff notes" version of this article, as my head was spinning a bit after reading it. I get that Denso doesn't have time to make an OEM radiator for every car model out on the road. However, with the mass influx of Chinese auto parts flooding our market, coupled with the fact that the boys at rockauto won't tell me which of their listed parts are from China, I'm left wondering: who is minding the store especially when there is the issue of public safety involved in many auto parts (ie: brakes, airbags, glass)