Hello from the Maritimes!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
JoeSkull

Hello from the Maritimes!

Post by JoeSkull »

Thanks for the add! MY goal is to build or have someone help me build an AWD Off Road Vibe with a 3 inch lift kit, push bars, winch, roof basket and spare tire holder on the back hatch. Yes I'm totally aware of the suspension and steering issues this will cause and I'm committed to making it happen. This will be a slow build over time. But would love to know anyone else in the area (if there is) I'm in New Brunswick Canada. Our winters are pretty harsh at times and I have quite a bit of driving to do all year round. I'm also a camper and a hunter so off roading is definitely a thing. For Work I'm a Park Warden at a Provincial Park. :)
zbyers

Re: Hello from the Maritimes!

Post by zbyers »

Welcome to the party. Feel free to post some pictures of the ride now, and then update us on the progress of the build.

The most "off road" Vibe that is around is a friends. His handle on instagram is @ATVibe. Check it out. He has a small lift, some AT tires, a winch on his homemade front bumper (enough to maybe get him unstuck), and a few other things on his FWD Vibe. His is about maxed out without causing issues with the CV axles. With yours being AWD, you may encounter different limitations due to the slightly different rear suspension setup.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Joe :D You sound very motivated to take on this project ... that's a good thing! Hopefully you have average or better mechanical skills and access to a shop with all the goodies (lift, welders, metal related tooling, etc.) as that would be very beneficial in your modding adventures. Definitely post LOTS of pics during the process. Good luck! ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
g0ldrush1958

Post by g0ldrush1958 »

Welcome Dude,

That's a nice project you have now, looking forward to see some pics.
JoeSkull

Post by JoeSkull »

Thanks very much for the welcome fellas! I'd love to start posting pics but I have no phone currently. Since last post I installed a roof basket and jerry can all netted in lol I think it's gonna be a fun project! I've contacted East Coast Customz here and they seem very interested in my build so I'm hoping they can help me with the crazy welding stuff as well as a lift. Mine is a FWD sadly, but I've been told by some who know more than me that it can be made AWD with a little effort. Looking for bull bars for my next big purchase. So far the set that seems to fit and look right is the ones off of the Ford Explorer 2015(?). I'll need custom brackets made so it can be installed properly but I love how the guards look like they'll follow the stylization of the lights. Once I get a phone again I'll throw some pics your way!