Vibe GT 2ZZ ECU Pinout?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
SenatorChinchilla

Vibe GT 2ZZ ECU Pinout?

Post by SenatorChinchilla »

Hello,

I joined the forum back in late February/early March after buying a gunmetal grey Vibe GT from an online auction. It ended up being terribly rusty underneath and I decided to use the 2ZZ-GE for a swap into an 8th gen Corolla. Now I'm doing the wiring and I've discovered my ecu pinout for the Vibe is wrong.

Does anybody have a pinout/diagram of the ECU? Or know where I can get one? I saw a helpful diagram naming each sensor as it sits on the engine, but I can't for the life of me find a diagram with the computer pins labelled.
joatmon

Re: Vibe GT 2ZZ ECU Pinout?

Post by joatmon »

The closest I have is the attached pdf of the engine control wiring diagram for a 2003 Matrix.
Attachments
016ecs.pdf
(157.44 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

The matrix will be very simliar to the Vibe. However, there will be minor difference between 03, 04, and 05-06.

03 didn't have smog pump, 04+ did. 05-06 had totally different changes.

Depending on the year you have, there are a few people who can flash 05+ GT ECU's, and that may be an option for you.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
SenatorChinchilla

Post by SenatorChinchilla »

Thanks guys. Fortunately it's a 2003 so I don't have to deal with all the smog related items.