Sad anniversary today

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
KingKrab65

Sad anniversary today

Post by KingKrab65 »

2003 Base Vibe
vibenvy

Re: Sad anniversary today

Post by vibenvy »

A sad day indeed :cry:.

I'm so glad we were able to get our Vibes brand new before Pontiac was murdered.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Still rocking mine, will be exactly 10 years on July 31. Thankfully never accidented with all it's original paint and no rust. This thing has been through 9 long and harsh Quebec winters yet never let me down once and still looks almost as good as the day I bought it. I would buy another Vibe in an instant if they were still making them. The new Corolla Hatchback is a joke, nothing in common with a Matrix/Vibe other than the name. It is so cramped inside, limited hatch space and too low to the ground. The price is outrageous too. Really sad.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Capt.Vibe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:09 pm Still rocking mine, will be exactly 10 years on July 31. Thankfully never accidented with all it's original paint and no rust. This thing has been through 9 long and harsh Quebec winters yet never let me down once and still looks almost as good as the day I bought it. I would buy another Vibe in an instant if they were still making them. The new Corolla Hatchback is a joke, nothing in common with a Matrix/Vibe other than the name. It is so cramped inside, limited hatch space and too low to the ground. The price is outrageous too. Really sad.
There's the Yaris Hatchback, but I haven't tried it personally.
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Bookworm wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am
Capt.Vibe wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:09 pm Still rocking mine, will be exactly 10 years on July 31. Thankfully never accidented with all it's original paint and no rust. This thing has been through 9 long and harsh Quebec winters yet never let me down once and still looks almost as good as the day I bought it. I would buy another Vibe in an instant if they were still making them. The new Corolla Hatchback is a joke, nothing in common with a Matrix/Vibe other than the name. It is so cramped inside, limited hatch space and too low to the ground. The price is outrageous too. Really sad.
The Yaris is much too small and essentially running on a 10 year old design and essentially also dead. The 2020 'Yaris' will actually be a rebadged Mazda 2 hatch just like the Yaris sedan is a Mazda 2 with 4 doors.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Capt.Vibe wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 pm
Bookworm wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:43 am
The Yaris is much too small and essentially running on a 10 year old design and essentially also dead. The 2020 'Yaris' will actually be a rebadged Mazda 2 hatch just like the Yaris sedan is a Mazda 2 with 4 doors.
Well, they're now EOL, but there's also the Mazda 5 - it's only about two inches taller than the Vibe, if that, but is considered a mini-van. I _really_ like the sliding doors. It's so much easier to move things in and out if you don't have to worry about the door in the way. Not as much 'completely flat' space, but pretty good, and the rear seats are captains seats, so reasonably comfortable.