2004 Vibe Base - Cheap Upgrades - Audio System - Suggestions please

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

2004 Vibe Base - Cheap Upgrades - Audio System - Suggestions please

Post by Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow »

I've been looking for a Matrix/Vibe/B200 for a couple of weeks now and finally found the perfect one on Jan 1st.
One phone call and a test drive later I put down a deposit because I knew she was the one for me.
She's a 1 owner
Two tone color Orange with Grey Skirt (is skirt the correct term?)
Only 100,000 Klicks on her
Always serviced at the dealers
Pristine condition, hardly a scratch, babied by lovely original owners
Handles the snow very well with the Hankook Optimo's, even though there's no ABS! Frankly ABS is BS. I achieve a shorter breaking distance and lower blood pressure without it.
It has a power outlet for my electronics!!!!! WOW!
Paid 5G's for her

So far, I am absolutely pleased with it and am already thinking about all the wonderful mods I'd like to do to it, starting with:

1) The driver's door plastic panel that houses all the power window buttons and power door switch has come loose and moves around a bit. Any idea how to fix that?
2) The audio system is fantastic, radio works and has great reception, tells me the song name, the station-scrolling knob is smooth and quick, has an equalizer, presets yadda yadda, so I am VERY happy with it. However..., a blinging navigation/infotainment system with a back-up camera and AUX port would look fantastic in that large slot, hehe, so I am looking for suggestions for trusted quality aftermarket infotainment/navigation systems.
3) Winter is upon us here in Southern Ontario. I need me a solid remote starter that won't break the bank or break the car!
4) Desperately need a grocery basket/net for the back so things don't roll around quite as much. How have you guys tackled this in the past?
5) Will need to protect that perfect plastic rear-cargo area lining from scratches when I am moving stuff . Taking suggestions.
6) Might also cover the front/back seats with faux-leather to keep that pristine fabric looking pristine! Taking suggestions. If the seat covers are heated, that's a bonus!
4) I might try to carve out a sunroof with a chainsaw come spring time... kidding!

Looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with this beaut', and a fun time here on the forum!
Attachments
IMG_20150103_150340 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20150103_150340 (Medium).jpg (122.59 KiB) Viewed 10413 times
Last edited by Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Pontiac Vibe Base Automatic Orange on Gray Cladding
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Re: New GenVibe Member, Ecstatic New 04' Vibe Owner!

Now that I think about it, I also wouldn't mind adding a privacy tint to all the windows, especially the rear passenger ones. Are those pre-cut kits any good?
GenVibe Rules!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! That's a gorgeous two-tone Fusion Vibe you've got there :cool:! Thanks for posting a picture right away for us to enjoy ;)!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow wrote:Two tone color Orange with Grey Skirt (is skirt the correct term?)
The "correct" term for the grey plastic is 'cladding' ;).
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow wrote:Now that I think about it, I also wouldn't mind adding a privacy tint to all the windows, especially the rear passenger ones. Are those pre-cut kits any good?
Tinting the windows of a vehicle is not as easy as it may seem. IMO, window tint is definitely something that I would rather pay a professional to do.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to the forum, and congrats to your Fusion Vibe!

Here is how to fix the bezel on the door: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the trunk area you may consider using a carpet remnant and cutting it to fit, or buying an original carpet on-line.
There are some great looking set covers available on E-bay.
The original seat covers can be removed and reinstalled using hog rings. That means you can put in seat warmers.

Enjoy your vibe and keep us updated!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

vibrologist wrote:Welcome to the forum, and congrats to your Fusion Vibe!

Here is how to fix the bezel on the door: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For the trunk area you may consider using a carpet remnant and cutting it to fit, or buying an original carpet on-line.
There are some great looking set covers available on E-bay.
The original seat covers can be removed and reinstalled using hog rings. That means you can put in seat warmers.

Enjoy your vibe and keep us updated!
BRILLIANT! Will be trying this tomorrow just as soon as I figure out how he took the bezel off without breaking it.
THANK YOU!
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! That's a gorgeous two-tone Fusion Vibe you've got there :cool:! Thanks for posting a picture right away for us to enjoy ;)!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow wrote:Two tone color Orange with Grey Skirt (is skirt the correct term?)
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow wrote:Now that I think about it, I also wouldn't mind adding a privacy tint to all the windows, especially the rear passenger ones. Are those pre-cut kits any good?
Tinting the windows of a vehicle is not as easy as it may seem. IMO, window tint is definitely something that I would rather pay a professional to do.
You're right, I did some research and phoning around, and looks like the Pinnacle Formula One tints professionally installed are the best way to go, and are only around $300 for parts+labour in my part of town. Also I've been advised by more experienced car owners than myself to wait till summer to perform the tinting for best results, so I'll wait with this project.

That cladding is sexy
Vibe on!
GenVibe Rules!
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Well, the bezel is already broken but his is how you take a good one off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfq-_lURjQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

trb

Post by trb »

Welcome! Sounds like you got a good deal there. I can't say that I've ever seen a two tone Fusion before; every one I recall seeing has been monotone. But even under all that white stuff, whatever that is, I can still see that it looks pretty good! :D

As for a cargo net, I found one at a salvage yard from a Corolla, that I was able to make fit in my back hatch area. Since I have the cargo cover, I just looped the ends of the net onto the clips that attach the cargo cover to the tie down brackets by the hatch opening. It works pretty well to hold smaller things and bags in place. There are a few cargo nets for sale on ebay from various cars that should fit OK. One with built in plastic clips would be ideal, but then again I only paid $3 for mine.

Good luck with it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

vibrologist wrote:Well, the bezel is already broken but his is how you take a good one off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfq-_lURjQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'll upload a short video tomorrow demonstrating the wobble in my bezel . My problem might or might not be rooted in a slightly different place than the other posters. I certainly wouldn't want to break any additional pieces just to try and fix the already broken power button panel, heh

night night
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

trb wrote:Welcome! Sounds like you got a good deal there. I can't say that I've ever seen a two tone Fusion before; every one I recall seeing has been monotone. But even under all that white stuff, whatever that is, I can still see that it looks pretty good! :D

As for a cargo net, I found one at a salvage yard from a Corolla, that I was able to make fit in my back hatch area. Since I have the cargo cover, I just looped the ends of the net onto the clips that attach the cargo cover to the tie down brackets by the hatch opening. It works pretty well to hold smaller things and bags in place. There are a few cargo nets for sale on ebay from various cars that should fit OK. One with built in plastic clips would be ideal, but then again I only paid $3 for mine.

Good luck with it!
So many clips on the left and side of the cargo area, just a matter of finding a net with hooks and I'll be good to go! LOVE this thing!
GenVibe Rules!
bountybuddy

Post by bountybuddy »

Congrats on your new 2004 Vibe. Thanks for the picture. Very nice looking. Recently I picked up an all silver 2004 Vibe. I feel as you do. I couldn't be happier with it. I'll try to get some pictures posted if I can figure out how to do it. Maybe my wife will help me. Drive safe my friend.
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Here is another photo of her in slightly more flattering weather conditions
Attachments
IMG_20150104_141330~2 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20150104_141330~2 (Medium).jpg (106.64 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
GenVibe Rules!
Nasmfell

Post by Nasmfell »

Hi: Welcome. Nice Vibe.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Welcome to the fam

Nice vibe! Great year!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
Bonezee

Post by Bonezee »

Very nice Hope! Ya I just got mine as well fellow Southern Ontarian. Mine came with tinted windows, I think they are 150-200%? Crazy dark anyway, I do a lot of night driving so I might reduce the front and back windows a bit. Also mine came with remote start, I didn't even know until I was given the keys and we were switching the plates out. It was a pleasant surprise to say the least.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Yay Southern Ontario! Welcome!
VibeMedic

Post by VibeMedic »

Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow wrote:
vibenvy wrote:Welcome to GenVibe! That's a gorgeous two-tone Fusion Vibe you've got there :cool:! Thanks for posting a picture right away for us to enjoy ;)!
You're right, I did some research and phoning around, and looks like the Pinnacle Formula One tints professionally installed are the best way to go, and are only around $300 for parts+labour in my part of town. Also I've been advised by more experienced car owners than myself to wait till summer to perform the tinting for best results, so I'll wait with this project.

That cladding is sexy
Vibe on!
You should definately wait until there is some warmer weather. I was going to tint my windows until the owner of the shop that was going to do it told me it would peel back off if it wasn't hot enough to cure. BTW, you might shop around on the price. My guy quoted me $200 for whatever tint I wanted, labor and all. And welcome to the site! Always glad to see new members and especially ones with clean rides like that two-tone vibe!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

As promised I shot a clip of my driver door wobbly bezel for your viewing and diagnostic pleasure. I'll definitely wait with the tinting, and will hold onto what little sunshine we get this winter!
Eh?

GenVibe Rules!
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

At least 2 little tabs have broken off. This shows how to fix it for good:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36996" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No comment on musical preferences. ;)
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

vibrologist wrote:At least 2 little tabs have broken off. This shows how to fix it for good:

Yeah but how did the OP of that thread remove the bezel in the first place? Mine is wobblying (as per the video) but isn't coming out completely ... do I have to completely break it / tear it off first to fix it? That would be a shame if it cracked ...
GenVibe Rules!
Mark

Post by Mark »

vibrologist wrote:At least 2 little tabs have broken off. This shows how to fix it for good:

Yeah but how did the OP of that thread remove the bezel in the first place? Mine is wobblying (as per the video) but isn't coming out completely ... do I have to completely break it / tear it off first to fix it? That would be a shame if it cracked ...

Pull it towards the rear a bit, then use a flat blade screwdriver to pop the front of the bezel up. Pull it up, then slide the whole thing forward. It should come right off.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
Mark

Post by Mark »

When I bought my 04 it had some self-installed tint all the way around, about 15% even on the fronts. It was well done but you could tell it wasn't professionally done. I took it to a local tint shop and had it redone, I think it's 30% rear and 45% front. Not too dark, but I din't have to roll the window down and stick my head out to see at night any more. I think it's Pinnacle but don't remember for sure. I was so happy I took my wife's 2012 CR-V in for the same tint, then when I bought the 08 Vibe it wasn't tinted at all, and that was one of the first things I did.

I'm not doing it for "looks" really, mainly because it cuts down on heat from the sun by a huge amount. But the cars do look better, I think.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYfq-_lURjQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

FWIW, we have 35% tint all around on both our Vibes and couldn't be happier with it. It's dark enough to be useful in keeping the interior cooler and it makes the exterior look great, but it's not so dark that we have any issues seeing at night, etc.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
briogio

Post by briogio »

ME TOO!!

Brand spankin' new owner! Bought my dark silver 2004 Vibe "loaded" TODAY!, with 181,000kms for $4000. Just like all my purchases I researched it a lot, I've always had Civic hatches. My last 2000 Honda hatch just wasn't doing it for me any more because there's a lip in the back and I need a flat floor, also I can use the extra space. I really like the fact that the Toyota engine uses a, no maintenance, timing chain and not a timing belt like the Honda's. I think this is the car I was looking for all along and I'm looking forward to ownership, minor modification and my commute which is 750 kms a week. Now I've got to find the synthetic oil I will use exclusively. One thing about pretty well all my stuff is that I cover them with stickers, I'm known to have the "sticker" cars in Alliston, I'll have to wait until Spring, and I've planned this car (the Vibe) out more than any other I've done. I'll take pictures when I'm done for your horrified appreciation! :lol: lol :twisted:
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe ... all of you :lol: I too have NEVER seen a two-tone Orange fusion so you've got yourself a rare one there. Keep us posted on mods and all Vibe related work. Enjoy the ride ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Nasmfell wrote:Hi: Welcome. Nice Vibe.
Thank you , I think so too :)
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Mark wrote:

Pull it towards the rear a bit, then use a flat blade screwdriver to pop the front of the bezel up. Pull it up, then slide the whole thing forward. It should come right off.
Ok I'll try this before attempting the lengthy YouTube video
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a quick tip hot off the press:
To all owners of discontinued Pontiac Vibe, you get $1,500 off a new GM vehicle purchase or lease. When I told the dealer last night that I own a Vibe he was shocked and the price on the Terrain immediately got better :D

That being said, after listening to the audio on the 2015 GMC Terrain yesterday, I am not happy with the audio quality I get on the Vibe anymore :(.
Should I be blaming the stereo itself or the speakers? Which speakers come recommended on this forum for the 2004 Vibe as being good value for money
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Also , I ordered this net last night for my vibe:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009 ... UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did I waste my money or should it fit?
GenVibe Rules!
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard!! That is a rare color combination, at least around here. I've only seen one with the gray trim, while I've seen a good many solid orange.

Hard to say on the cargo net, but if it stretches some, it should fit.

JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Spring is in the air (Let's conveniently pretend it didn't snow in Toronto yesterday).

I've got a couple hundred bux burning a hole in my pocket, so off to Amazon.com I go to upgrade my awesome 100% STOCK , unspoiled , unadulterated 2004 Vibe.

Right now the most pressing issues for me are audio connectivity and quality, so I am thinking:

1) FM Transmitter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KIM ... 9bdc15ee18

2) LED to replace burnt out middle LED of the stock radio head unit display.

3) Speakers OR sound dampening/deadening material. Let's face it, stock audio quality in the 04' Vibe is downright awful.

Here I need suggestions please, for which deadening material to buy to apply to the front and rear passanger doors, OR a set of inexpensive speakers that are compatible with the 2004 Vibe and the stock head unit.

Which investment will have a higher return , the deadening material , or a whole new set of speakers?

Vibe On.
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Re: 2004 Vibe Base - Cheap Upgrades - Audio System - Suggestions please

bump for good value upgrades for the '04 vibe!
GenVibe Rules!
canadave

Post by canadave »

I can't answer all your questions, but I can tell you that replacing the burnt out LED in the stock radio isn't a trivial exercise, from what I've read. Apparently the LED's are soldered on, and not just snap in, snap out. It's a hassle. Many people just choose to upgrade the radio altogether, which is what I've done. I bought an Eonon (but haven't installed it yet...if the snow EVER melts, maybe...???).
2009 base Vibe, silver"
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I upgraded my stereo in peices. This is what I did and this would be my recommendation. My tastes doesnt include 12" subs for earth shattering bass etc, etc. I dont listen to music very loud either....actually i cant anyway. I just wanted a quality sounding system.

Upgraded speakers to Polk DB series with stock head unit ( mind you I have the Moon & Tunes with the 200W amp ) - Made the stock head unit sound fantastic. If i stopped there I would have been satisfied. I would recommend a speaker upgrade as your first modification. Even if you bought a aftermarket head unit you will still be playing through the crappy paper and foam OEM speakers. Even if you did just get the head unit and not speakers, the speakers probably wouldnt last anyway cause you would be so happy with the sound and cranking to eventually blow the speakers :lol:

After I read here about sound dampening, I gave it a try. I did this in an attempt to reduce road noise, as all Vibe owners know the VIbe isnt quiet at all :roll: Guess what ? The Vibe was much quieter and as a by product I got LOTS OF BASS ! I was quite impressed.I would HIGHLY recommend sound dampening all the doors. Totally changed the dynamics of the sound :D If you can do this at the same time that would be great cause you will have the door panels off already...but if your on a budget as I was...blah blah blah :lol:

Then I upgraded to a Kenwood KDCX597 head unit cause I wanted to enjoy the luxuries of streaming pandora, Iheart and hands free calling....all I can say is WOW :shock: The unit really topped it off. Take you time on what you decide cause it will be well wort the wait ! Hope that gives you some direction !!! Nice Vibe by the way :D

This is the sound deadening that I used. This product was posted by another member as a alternative to dynamat...which is wayyyyy to expensive http://www.soundproofcow.com/RoadBlockR ... erial.html I also recommend you visit crutchfeild and inform yourself about how to choose speakers and headunits. Its very informative and every set of speakers or head units I have purchased, I have never been disappointed because I knew what to look for from the info from thier site.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

cptnsolo77 wrote:I upgraded my stereo in peices. This is what I did and this would be my recommendation. My tastes doesnt include 12" subs for earth shattering bass etc, etc. I dont listen to music very loud either....actually i cant anyway. I just wanted a quality sounding system.

Upgraded speakers to Polk DB series with stock head unit ( mind you I have the Moon & Tunes with the 200W amp ) - Made the stock head unit sound fantastic. If i stopped there I would have been satisfied. I would recommend a speaker upgrade as your first modification. Even if you bought a aftermarket head unit you will still be playing through the crappy paper and foam OEM speakers. Even if you did just get the head unit and not speakers, the speakers probably wouldnt last anyway cause you would be so happy with the sound and cranking to eventually blow the speakers :lol:

After I read here about sound dampening, I gave it a try. I did this in an attempt to reduce road noise, as all Vibe owners know the VIbe isnt quiet at all :roll: Guess what ? The Vibe was much quieter and as a by product I got LOTS OF BASS ! I was quite impressed.I would HIGHLY recommend sound dampening all the doors. Totally changed the dynamics of the sound :D If you can do this at the same time that would be great cause you will have the door panels off already...but if your on a budget as I was...blah blah blah :lol:

Then I upgraded to a Kenwood KDCX597 head unit cause I wanted to enjoy the luxuries of streaming pandora, Iheart and hands free calling....all I can say is WOW :shock: The unit really topped it off. Take you time on what you decide cause it will be well wort the wait ! Hope that gives you some direction !!! Nice Vibe by the way :D

This is the sound deadening that I used. This product was posted by another member as a alternative to dynamat...which is wayyyyy to expensive http://www.soundproofcow.com/RoadBlockR ... erial.html I also recommend you visit crutchfeild and inform yourself about how to choose speakers and headunits. Its very informative and every set of speakers or head units I have purchased, I have never been disappointed because I knew what to look for from the info from thier site.
Thanks friend!
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Update with pictures: new kenwoods have been installed , with the biggest nuisance being removing and reinstalling the plastic door panel the actual speaker installation and removal was just a lot of hacking away with side cutters screwing in screws in makeshift holes and just figuring out how its all going to come together the pictures make it look much easier and more straightforward than it was the first time going but that's how it's going to be if you're going to be a do it yourself kind of person
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

rps20150519_194657.jpg
rps20150519_194657.jpg (105.17 KiB) Viewed 9948 times
rps20150519_194635.jpg
rps20150519_194635.jpg (148.21 KiB) Viewed 9948 times
GenVibe Rules!
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

what I discovered is that you don't even have to remove the brackets from the car just pull the old speaker surrounding cloth-like God's away from the bracket with a strong pair of pliers then you side cutters to cut out all of the supporting brackets removing as much of them as possible and then you just put in your new speaker and screw it in in three or four places and you're done I discovered that after removing the bracket from the right side for the first time which just makes you do more work . drilling those rivets out and finding screws that you can use afterwards to reattach the brackets is a completely unnecessary painful step.
GenVibe Rules!
treesleavedents

Post by treesleavedents »

What size speakers did you get to put in those brackets?
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

6.5 inch

How crucial is it to connect the plus wire to the plus wire , and the minus wire to the minus wire ? I am getting a bit more bass vibration that I would have liked .... I only found this guide when I went to install the 2nd speaker :

"2004 Pontiac Vibe Car Audio Wiring Guide
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/White
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray
Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: White/Black
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Black
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: Black
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: Under the front passenger seat.
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: N/A
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White"
GenVibe Rules!
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

If the positive and negative connections are reversed, it will cause the 1 speaker to vibrate out of phase with the others. So when the normal speakers are pushing out the reversed speaker will be going in. It can be annoying if you have sensitive hearing.

Try adjusting the bass through the headunit. If it doesn't help w/ your rattle, the next step is to do some dampening (dynamat, etc), these cars are not known for their "solidness".
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
Hope2BuyVibeTomorrow

Toning down the bass on the head unit does help a lot , as well as using the balance and fade functions to move more of the work away from the driver . Listening to Joscho Stephan's new album on the new speakers has been an absolute treat.
GenVibe Rules!
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Nice job !!! Amazing what quality speakers sound like with even a stock HU 8-)
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Wingsfan19

Post by Wingsfan19 »

Hi, as far as fixing the window switch bezel, you can order a replacement from Amazon for $15.93. See the following link for further info: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=36996&p=507975#p507975