I am going from the last Vibe GT to the first Vibe GT!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
trb

I am going from the last Vibe GT to the first Vibe GT!

Post by trb »

Since the 10 GT was finally totaled, I haven't found an 09-10 GT close by me that meets my wants. But I did find a clean 03 GT not too far away and I'll be looking at it probably Monday. It's not Salsa, but the dark blue looks really good. Owner says it was well maintained, every 6K Mobil 1 oil changes, new clutch 7K miles ago, and mostly highway miles as he is an insurance/ financial products agent and drove all over Texas in it. It does have 200K miles, but for the price, IMO it is still a good deal. Best part, no additional car payment! :D

Last edited by trb on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
KITT222

Re: I might be going from the last Vibe GT to the first Vibe

Post by KITT222 »

It will probably be more fun than the 09 GT with the extra power! Doug today was really talking up the secondary cams on the VGT. Just make sure it will still go into lift if you want it.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks clean & well maintained! Also, as you stated, you'll have NO car payments. That in itself is a bonus 8-) Keep us posted!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

This car does not look like it has rolled on for 200K. I used to be a bit worried about high miles but no longer. I have test driven high mileage cars and you couldn't tell the difference. this is a southern car, so it should have no rust.

Go for it.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Great looking car, and Neptune was the best color. 8-) Super clean, especially on the interior! It looks just as good as Kari's exceptionally clean '03 with 95k. Someone took great care of this car.

'03 GT was the best year for them... Highest output. 17's and factory nav too, so it was as loaded as they got. Of course the nav is likely outdated by now, but what the heck. ;)

Drive it and no worries until 299,999 until the odometer quits working.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Yes, NEPTUNE is the best and there is nothing better than no car payments. OK, right behind no mortgage payments, of course :D Good luck!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
kostby

Post by kostby »

Nice find!
I looked at a Neptune with the 17" wheels, when I bought my 2003 Base used in 2004, but they did not offer a sunroof with the 17's the first year. Some factory concern about the 17's causing too much chassis flex with a sunroof, as I recall. But I think they later rescinded that decision and offered sunroof and 17's in later model years.

Probably the only thing in the pics that needs replacement is the rubber seal on the driver's door frame. It gets a lot of wear because you can't help but brush it about every time you get in.

As I recall that seal was around $75 when I tried to get mine replaced by the dealer under warranty just before 3 years/36,000 miles. It was split open where it attaches to the hard rubber-covered metal channel that holds it to the body. He wouldn't, said it was 'normal wear and tear'. I used a long strip of clear duct tape to hold everything together. Still holding 10+ years later!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
trb

Re: I am going from the last Vibe GT to the first Vibe GT!

Post by trb »

Well, it is MINE now! Pictures do not do it justice. The interior, except for the leather steering wheel, is immaculate. I don't think anyone ate or drank in it, let alone sat in it. The exterior, aside from a half dozen door dings, chips on the hood, a scrape on the back hatch, and peeling clear coat? on the roof, looks good. Cladding needs some love, but it can look good as the pics showed. It does have a few mechanical problems, but nothing I can't easily take care of. Power steering hose is leaking, and needs the fluid changed, new serpentine belt, the passenger side window pops when you lower it, so I think the window mounts are busted or something. It did scratch the tint. :( And the driver's side has no tint, probably from the same problem, but the window works just fine now. The screen on the radio is out, but it otherwise works fine. Just can't see anything on it! It is a short or something I bet, as it randomly flashes on for a second or so every so often, and the seller said in the winter it will work for several minutes at a time. Might have to open it up and see if some wires are just broken or disconnected. If not, I can just program my presets and move on.

All in all, the mechanic that looked at it gave it a very good rating. And lift did work; I dusted a 2013-2014 Mustang from a stop. :D Yes it was a V6, and I doubt they were really trying, until the next stop light. But I hung with them that time pretty well. Took me a little while to get the hang of the 6 speed. I kept putting it in 3rd at stoplights. :roll: Killed it a couple of times. OK, three times. But I'll have plenty of time to practice. It does need some stickier front tires though. :twisted:
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
klutzycarlover

Post by klutzycarlover »

Sweet!! Yes!! Glad to have more people in 1st gen Vibe GT's (the best Vibe GT)!!

Hope to see more posts from you....
foamy302

Post by foamy302 »

I have the same problem with 1st and 3rd in mine, and Neptune is really a great color. Congratulations
2000 Dodge Neon mtx 300k+ booger bushings,motor mount inserts. DD
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT 136k, stock for now. Wifes DD for now
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

yep, i love that neptune on a first gen vibe.

congrats on the new/old gt!

long live the vibe!!!!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Congrats!
There is nothing else to say.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

trb

Post by trb »

Thanks everyone!

I was going through the paperwork he gave me, and he spent $1,465 on the clutch! That's over half of what I paid for the whole car! So it has a new clutch,PP,TOB, and slave cylinder done last year. Hopefully I can get 150,000 miles or more from this clutch. I can say the drive to work today was more fun than usual. :D
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Hopefully I can get 150,000 miles or more from this clutch.
You won't if you keep smoking Mustangs. :mrgreen:
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations on the "new" GT Thomas! Sounds like you got a great deal on a great Vibe that you'll have for a long time to come ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
trb

Post by trb »

vibenvy wrote:Congratulations on the "new" GT Thomas! Sounds like you got a great deal on a great Vibe that you'll have for a long time to come ;)!
Thanks Carrie. I'll still be on the lookout for a 2009-2010 manual GT though. If a find a really nice one close by at a good price, I might have to grab it. My twins will be driving in a couple of years, and this 03 would make a nice car for them to drive.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
Fleetwud

Post by Fleetwud »

Hi folks from a brand new GT owner... 7-02 with 166666 on it & I'm the second* owner. I think I'm madly in like with this car.
*spent four months with mechanic's family & fno, this be not a suitable car for his 16 year old.
Ride ze Mecklenbürgring! Tacoma97 TacomaØ7 VoltzGT03
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

wow man! great find! ive always tried to find a first gen GT in that neptune color. Makes me really mis my old 04 neptune...
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
trb

Post by trb »

NascarXprt wrote:wow man! great find! ive always tried to find a first gen GT in that neptune color. Makes me really mis my old 04 neptune...
Thanks! It was in your back yard too. The owner lived by Live Oak, TX in NE San Antonio, off Nacgodoches Rd. :D
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2004 Satellite Vibe &
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

well ill be da mned... lol nice score! had i known, could have meet up or somethin
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM