Ok Im lost! TRD? Eibach? Apex?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
NewVibeGuy

Ok Im lost! TRD? Eibach? Apex?

Post by NewVibeGuy »

Ok im just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction as far as lowering springs for my 2009 vibe base with the 17". Im new to genvibe glad to be a member, my name is Craig. Ive noticed vibedrivermatt did his 09 with the TRD's I believe, now, I have the same model except I have the fog lights. Im left with the impression that the TRD matrix/vibe springs are the way to go for 2.4L '09 base with the 17"s. Am I correct in my assumption? Or should I hold off on the perchase?
thebarber

Re: Ok Im lost! TRD? Eibach? Apex?

Post by thebarber »

I'm selling some tein h-tech's in the classifieds area. $100 shipped...
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I'd pick up thebarbers' H-Techs. That will save you a little bit and their pre-stressed now.

TRD's are nice but the drop is very minute. H-Techs give you about a 2" drop but still will not interfere with your factory wheels and tires. I have the same vehicle as yours and am running H-Techs. They are supposedly still "factory soft" so I guess the ride quality doesn't suffer. I did not notice any change in harshness myself.

I don't know about Apex.

I love Eibach but they are quite a bit more expensive than Tein and I can't say there is any difference in quality. I would expect Eibach to be a bit stiffer and more harsh than H-Techs.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

H-techs were oem comfy

I'm currently running eibach sportlines up front and trd's in the rear. Its a firmer ride...
NewVibeGuy

Post by NewVibeGuy »

Right thanks guys. I'll research the H-tech's. A 2" drop would be def be the oder of the day. Thanks i'll let you's know how I make out! :)
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

Hello- I'm also new to Vibe world. Lovin' it though. I also have an 09 and I'm stuck on if I can get 08 tein h.techs and be ok with everything. Will everything fit properly?

Thanks for any help!
Jordan
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

xp3085 wrote:Hello- I'm also new to Vibe world. Lovin' it though. I also have an 09 and I'm stuck on if I can get 08 tein h.techs and be ok with everything. Will everything fit properly?

Thanks for any help!
Jordan
If its not a GT (so no independent rear suspension) 03-08 springs works fine
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

If you really want some low... S-Techs over 2" drop. Close, but no bottoming out. The ride is a bit hard, but, I like the raw feel when driving, stupid suspension ruining the ride. LOL
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

and what if mine is a GT? What are my options? I'm sure glad I checked before purchasing.....

J
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

hotbug1776 wrote:If you really want some low... S-Techs over 2" drop. Close, but no bottoming out. The ride is a bit hard, but, I like the raw feel when driving, stupid suspension ruining the ride. LOL
Ya- I don't want anything too slammed just something to take a good bit of that gap away but maintain some ride quality-

J
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

xp3085 wrote:
hotbug1776 wrote:If you really want some low... S-Techs over 2" drop. Close, but no bottoming out. The ride is a bit hard, but, I like the raw feel when driving, stupid suspension ruining the ride. LOL
Ya- I don't want anything too slammed just something to take a good bit of that gap away but maintain some ride quality-

J
H-tech's will fit the bill then...
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

thebarber wrote:
xp3085 wrote:

J
H-tech's will fit the bill then...
Yep, buy those h-techs and enjoy the ride.
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

J[/quote]
H-tech's will fit the bill then...[/quote]
Yep, buy those h-techs and enjoy the ride.[/quote]

Ok, Ya I'm about to click buy on some h techs- but I have an 09 Vibe gt....and I'm reading that the 1st gens WILL fit.....can you
confirm that? I really don't want have to return them..............Thanks for the response.

J
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I forget if we have anyone here with a GT running Tien H or S-Tech springs, but I know someone with a 2009-10 Matrix with the IRS is running first gen springs.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
xp3085

Post by xp3085 »

Lovin' my 09 GT with 03-08 H Techs. They fit perfect. So this is a confirmation for anybody like me who was wondering if they fit. Pic soon.

J