Sponsored car!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
DRYfrosty04

Sponsored car!

Post by DRYfrosty04 »

Ok so I got on board with carsponsors.com.... Bad move or good decision?
SeattleJeremy

Re: Sponsored car!

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I looked in to that a while back, and it's a scam.
There are quite a few negative reviews for that site on the internet. This one is particularly insightful, from a fomar employee of the site, if you can look past the grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/auto-advert ... -9wb96.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I agree with SeattleJeremy. The only positive sponsorship stories I've ever heard about are people that were lucky enough to get sponsored by legit companies. A friend of mine way back in the day was sponsored by Mother's. He got tons of cleaning products from them and all he had to do was take his car to shows and have a Mother's banner, etc. by his car. He was also extremely OCD about his car being clean all the time. If I remember correctly, I believe he just sent them some pictures and info about his car and they ended up offering him a sponsorship.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

I never heard of it so I had to take a look. You apply for free. If you are accepted and I somehow think everyone is, you pay $140 and might get some free stuff. Sounds like a great deal - for them. Not for me, good luck. I hope it works out well for you.

I see a lot of true sponsored cars since I live about two miles from the world headquarters of Summit Auto Racing.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

vibenvy wrote: If I remember correctly, I believe he just sent them some pictures and info about his car and they ended up offering him a sponsorship.
Hmmmmmmmm ................. Carrie I nominate you to be the one to do this similar deed and you can display the "mothers" banner at the GenVibe 2013 meet 8-) It's worth a try and just think of all the goodies they'd give you :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

tpollauf wrote:Hmmmmmmmm ................. Carrie I nominate you to be the one to do this similar deed and you can display the "mothers" banner at the GenVibe 2013 meet 8-) It's worth a try and just think of all the goodies they'd give you :D
I would LOVE to be sponsored by Mother's (especially when you see what they charge for shipping when you order from there eStore :shock:), but unfortunately I don't really care about going to car shows, etc. too much anymore and I believe you have to attend a certain number of shows per year, etc. I think it would be a little too much work, not to mention, I'm sure they would much rather sponsor vehicles that have alot more modifications done to them over something like a daily driven Vibe :|.

I may contact them about being a sponsor for the Pontiac meet though. You never know, they may send some goodies out that we could give away at the meet.
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

vibenvy wrote:
tpollauf wrote:Hmmmmmmmm ................. Carrie I nominate you to be the one to do this similar deed and you can display the "mothers" banner at the GenVibe 2013 meet 8-) It's worth a try and just think of all the goodies they'd give you :D
I would LOVE to be sponsored by Mother's (especially when you see what they charge for shipping when you order from there eStore :shock:), but unfortunately I don't really care about going to car shows, etc. too much anymore and I believe you have to attend a certain number of shows per year, etc. I think it would be a little too much work, not to mention, I'm sure they would much rather sponsor vehicles that have alot more modifications done to them over something like a daily driven Vibe :|.

I may contact them about being a sponsor for the Pontiac meet though. You never know, they may send some goodies out that we could give away at the meet.
I believe I still have like 30-40 of their car wash samples :D
Yes, I'll probably be bringing some with me.LOL
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

hotbug1776 wrote:
vibenvy wrote:

I believe I still have like 30-40 of their car wash samples :D
Yes, I'll probably be bringing some with me.LOL
Good, I like those things.
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Carrie I'll let you detail Apollo when I move this summer; since you do such an awesome job and everything. :P ;)
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

09vGT wrote:Carrie I'll let you detail Apollo when I move this summer; since you do such an awesome job and everything. :P ;)
I'll do it! It'll be just like detailing mine :lol: :cool:!