It finally happened...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
KITT222

It finally happened...

Post by KITT222 »

Me and my Vibe are the newest members of the 100,000+ mile club!

In other words, she's finally broke-in!

And no, I didn't just go a few miles over...

I made a trip to Iowa to visit my grandpa before he went into heart valve replacement surgery this morning. I'm happy to report that it all went well, and that he indeed has a very healthy heart, a Godsend since he used to smoke. Anyway, we got to visit our cousin-Vibe.

Well... I guess my Vibe is the aunt, and theirs is the nephew/niece...

Oh look, they even have the same tires!

We got a new decal

And were very proud!

Then... we drove over Albert Lea lake at night, leading a pack of cars. Very very bad idea. It was like rain. Bug pelted the car, and I needed to stop to clean my windshield, or I would have crashed for sure!

We caught a big one, too

After a well-needed bath, and clay-bar (the small wipes on the hood by the washer nozzle had the dust wiped off)

We are ready for our next 100,000 miles!

We'll be getting a few things touched-up this week, like new wiper blades, painted brake calipers and drums, tire rotation... things like that. But I am very excited that I reached this point, even though I haven't fully realized it. When we ticked over 100k the odometer was rolling over the same time we were passing the mile markers, so it was fun to see that happen. I don't think I could have had a more fun drive if I tried.
star_deceiver

Re: It finally happened...

Post by star_deceiver »

Congrats on rolling over!

You don't have that many bugs.... I still have insects from 9 different states on the front of mine!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

star_deceiver wrote:
You don't have that many bugs.... I still have insects from 9 different states on the front of mine!
Yeah, well these were concentrated for roughly a quarter mile. Very high Bug Density index for a very short period of driving.

Forgot to mention, my Vibe rolled over in good timing. I turn 18 on Wednesday!
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

Lookin' good! They sure grow up fast. ;)

It's good to hear about your grandpa doing well, also. Where in Iowa did you go for that?
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

lulz. i haz that same stickar! :)
zyzyix

Post by zyzyix »

Congrats on reaching 100,000 miles.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Congratulations to you and your Vibe Nick :D! As soon as I saw the topic title, I knew exactly what the thread was going to be about. Awesome pictures! I love the 100,000+ decal! Where'd ya get it?

Glad to hear your grandpa's surgery went well and that he's doing good.

Here's to another 100,000+ miles ;)!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Thanks guys! I got the 100000+ decal from GrafiXpressions. http://grfxpstore.com/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . I also got a neat chrome Iphone antenna band overlay.

I went to a tiny town just north of Maynard, and near West Union, I believe. Hawkeye is also close.

My grandpa is doing well still, but today was sketchy. Your hopes and prayers would be welcomed. Thanks!

Onward, and forward, to another 100,000 clicks!
LarryKingsShoes

KITT222 wrote:I went to a tiny town just north of Maynard, and near West Union, I believe. Hawkeye is also close.

My grandpa is doing well still, but today was sketchy. Your hopes and prayers would be welcomed. Thanks!
It's a pretty small world, then. That's right in the vicinity of where my family and I live. My dad actually works at the West Union clinic quite often. If you went through Decorah at all, you would have seen my hometown (it's a beautiful area for a cruise once the leaves start changing or when the hills get a nice blanket of snow). It's interesting to see a regular on here entering the territory; I feel like it's pretty uncommon on most forums. We do have a lot of Midwesterners here so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Everyone has their ups and downs but I'm sure he'll rebound. Nothing goes exactly as planned but there are some excellent doctors out there that really know what they're doing and I'm sure it's nothing they haven't dealt with before. I'll be thinking about him and your family sending positive vibes your direction!
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
Old Tele man

Post by Old Tele man »

MILES and YEARS -- two things that continuously "...add up..."!
...and the Devil said: "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"
• 2014 Prius 1.8L eCVT
• 2009 Vibe 1.8L 4A
• 2004 Vibe 1.8L 4A
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

i got mine at ihatestickers.com

KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

LarryKingsShoes wrote:
It's a pretty small world, then. That's right in the vicinity of where my family and I live. My dad actually works at the West Union clinic quite often. If you went through Decorah at all, you would have seen my hometown (it's a beautiful area for a cruise once the leaves start changing or when the hills get a nice blanket of snow). It's interesting to see a regular on here entering the territory; I feel like it's pretty uncommon on most forums. We do have a lot of Midwesterners here so I shouldn't be too surprised.
My entire family hails from Iowa. Almost everyone from my family has ties back to Oelwein. As a state, Iowa is relaxing, but not too relaxing that you have nothing to do. You're close enough to do things, yet you can get away from it all very easily. But the notion that the police aren't on every other block has yet to resonate with me (all those country roads... Who really cares?). Maybe I should try to route through Decorah on my way to/from my grandparent's/s'. I'd love to see it!
LarryKingsShoes

Yeah, definitely. If you ever make it down to Decorah and like to cycle, we have a great trail. There are also some cool parks to visit for photo ops with the Vibe.

Happy birthday, by the way!
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

Awesome, welcome to the club! :D

I am very interested in that 100000 sticker and may invest in it, lol. I'm well into the 155,000s (highway miles I guess) and my beloved Vibe is doing rather well. There's an annoying rattling that occurs when I hit the bumps in the back that I'm trying to find the cause of, and the a/c actuator gear apparently lost a tooth and clicks every so often, but otherwise it's running quite well! :)
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Bastranz wrote:Awesome, welcome to the club! :D

I am very interested in that 100000 sticker and may invest in it, lol. I'm well into the 155,000s (highway miles I guess) and my beloved Vibe is doing rather well. There's an annoying rattling that occurs when I hit the bumps in the back that I'm trying to find the cause of, and the a/c actuator gear apparently lost a tooth and clicks every so often, but otherwise it's running quite well! :)
I had an annoying rattle along with a clunking noise near my A-pillar. Super annoying, so I took off the A-pillar trim to try and find the cause. The issue wasn't there.... it was my sun visor mount! I removed it and found that the exact way they mount it to the car promotes rattling and squeaks. All it is, is a hole in the ceiling of the car (roof = from above, exposed to outside. Ceiling = from inside) with a metal retainer to hold it in. There aren't even threads in it, just two holes correctly sized for the screws. So I 3M trim-taped it, and duct taped it. No more squeak or rattle!

First things first, make sure the loading floor is locked down on both sides, and that everything underneath by the tire tools is in there tightly enough.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Congrats on the milestone!!! Here's to another 100k and more! I'm up just over 200k and the ramenvibe is still running like a champ

Long live the vibe!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Nick. Double congrats on yourself & the Vibe ;) I too love that 100k sticker 8-) I'll need one of those in about 20 years :lol: I'm probably going to give my Vibe it's second oil change before winter arrives. Just over 12k miles so it's more of a TIME factor instead of mileage. It saw NO maintenance in 2011 at all ;) Keep you & your Vibe healthy :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"