Happy New Years

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Absolute_Martini

Happy New Years

Post by Absolute_Martini »

Good morning and a happy new year's eve to you all, I certainly hope 2011 has been good to you. As you can tell, I'm new in these parts, and would like to make my introductions. I live in the Great White North, also known as Canada, I drive a G5, and am interested in trading up for an '09-'10 Vibe. Since my liking is based solely on reviews, and not from any actual seat time, I would love to learn more about this car from an owners perspective. Pros and cons, hits and misses, that sorta stuff. Also, one of my resolutions this year is to go tracking, so I would need to know if she can stand up to that kind of punishment as well as getting me to school and back everyday. I'm aware that the Vibe shares its DNA with the Corolla, which is great for a reliability standpoint, and the GT model does have sporty pretensions like a stiffer independent suspension, but what can it do when pushed? Anyways, maybe I'm getting too into this right now. Just want to say hey, good to know you guys and gals, hope to be hearing from you soon. Cheers.
CAMOGIRL

Re: Happy New Years (Absolute_Martini)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Welcome to GenVibe! I can't speak for the new Vibes, but I love my 1st gen! You'll get some excellent info here. Glad you're swapping up!
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
enfield577

Re: Happy New Years (CAMOGIRL)

Post by enfield577 »

Welcome, and Happy New Year to all!I love this car ... my '09 GT is simply the best car I have owned in 20 years! I haven't put it on a track, but it handles country backroad curves better than any other car I've driven. Acceleration wouldn't be much on a straight track, but this car drives just fine on the German Autobahn.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
MrHatchWagon

Re: Happy New Years

Post by MrHatchWagon »

I'd like to chime in here too, and wish everyone a very happy and safe new year! See you all in 2012!
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
vibenvy

Re: Happy New Years (MrHatchWagon)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! You've certainly come to the right place to learn about the Vibe. As enfield577 said, I too love my 2009 GT. It's got a decent amount of get up and go, it handles great, it's very comfy, it has tons of room and it looks really sporty and aggressive. By far the best vehicle I've owned to date.Happy New Year everyone! Be safe and have fun!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

Welcome to the family, and happy new year!Check out the motorsports section. Theres a few members who do track days or autocross with their vibes. Have fun!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
tpollauf

Re: Happy New Years (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY » As enfield577 said, I too love my 2009 GT. x4 & x5 That is, seeing how I an from a TWO Vibe Gt family also and Geoff, Carie & Carries mom, have already given you input on the 09-10 Vibes, I make the 4th & 5th viewpoints. GO OUT AND FIND ONE ................ NOW We love our 09 GT's and they will likely be around for a very long time. It will certainly outlast your current G5. Keep us posted as to what you end up getting
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

I traded my 07 G5 in on a 09 Vibe,never looked back.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
csxt8058

Re: Happy New Years (TONY TAT2)

Post by csxt8058 »

Welcome aboard! I have a 2010 Vibe AWD and while not as 'spirited' as the GT, so to speak, it's still a great car with good handling and plenty of go if I want to. It's the best vehicle I've owned so far and I've been through several cars and trucks.Happy New Year to you and all! JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I love my Vibe too, lots and lots of interior room and I get lots of compliments on the look. Gas mileage is... ok, though my husband can magically get the same mileage (average 24-29mpg) with his G6 GT V6 engine. That being said, it was the super-best-most-awesome car in its class when I bought it (according to my research) and it performs better than EPA estimates, so it's not fair of me to complain. Plus I have a slow leak in one tire so... if I don't remember to fill it every week, my mileage suffers. Also the accelerator pedal takes some getting used to because it tends to be a bit jumpy, but I don't know if other small-engine cars like the G5 were the same way (this was my first car and I don't have much to compare it to besides the G6, and driving my parents' vehicles years ago).Oh yeah, the point is... yay Vibes! Happy New Year!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibolista

Post by vibolista »

Absolute-ly welcome to the site! Happy New Year to all! A Vibe GT will do OK on the track, if you get a good set of sticky performance tires for that purpose. Won't be a rocketdown the straights, but with the right set up, you should beable to have some fun on the twisties. I've seen a few atautocrosses and they are not the slowest, by any means. Wow, even picking up German Vibes on this Forum. Not bad. Nice area, that Bavaria. Anywhere near Toelz?
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
enfield577

Re: Happy New Years (vibolista)

Post by enfield577 »

No, unfortunately, nowhere near Bad Toelz ... I'm in Mittelfranken, near Nuernberg. And I was a GenViber before I shipped this car here. Sure glad I had it to send here! BTW, the German Toyota dealers around here sell a Verso, which looks something like a Vibe (more like a Vibe than a Matrix, I think).
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799