I'll be here soon...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
hotbug1776

I'll be here soon...

Post by hotbug1776 »

how's it going, name is hotbug1776.I'm an old timer from J-body.org, coming over here in a few weeks when I get my 2004 Vibe. Already cruising the site for goodies and tips. Bought a Pioneer AVH-p4300dvd, to go with my Infinify and JBL stereo stuffs. Looking into Tein-s springs to get her low. Not a whole lot going into the performance side of the car, just a few little things like intake, springs, maybe cat back, Already have rims, and maybe some lighting.Hope to have some fun with her before her time is up.
silverbullet

Re: I'll be here soon... (hotbug1776)

Post by silverbullet »

Woo! New vibe madder. Welcome to your new home.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Welcome to Genvibe! I'm going to assume J_TO_Envy told you about the site?
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Hi !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

J to envy didnt, our good friend google did. I am glad to see fellow j-body owners on here though. I still have mine and still work on it from time to time. The vibe is my new toy and a new adventure. I'm slowing down on my modding, and am starting to focus on the surroundings more than the ride. While it is nice to hit up a sweet twisty road now and then, stopping and just looking at the beauty all around that road is becoming a bigger part of the whole experience.
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

dude you're already here. welcome to the family. 2oo4 vibe. like a fine wine, good vintage
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
NascarXprt

Re: I'll be here soon... (ramenboy...)

Post by NascarXprt »

Welcome and so far the mod list sounds like a good one!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: I'll be here soon... (NascarXprt)

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe fellow JBO'er! This forum is completely different from The JBO. I'm sure you'll enjoy the lack of drama ! Just curious... what year/model/etc. J do you have? Pictures and mods?Be sure to post some pictures of the Vibe when you get it .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

I have a 1995 sunfire gt with a HO swap. Sitting in my garage is a 2.6l quad 4 stroker with an M90 supercharger running an ostrich stand alone, 255lph fuel pump, cartech flu, Ross pistons, eagle h beams, custom crank, external crank trigger, 086 head with port and polish, w41 cams, double row timing chain, 350cc injectors (to start with), and a bunch of other goodies I can't name off the top of my head. The body is going through a complete resto and mod to make it safer with the added power. It has the rksport streetfire kit and a class glass ram air hood. On it's list are the standard upper and lower braces and several suspension and brake mods.
vibenvy

Re: (hotbug1776)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by hotbug1776 »I have a 1995 sunfire gt with a HO swap. Sitting in my garage is a 2.6l quad 4 stroker with an M90 supercharger running an ostrich stand alone, 255lph fuel pump, cartech flu, Ross pistons, eagle h beams, custom crank, external crank trigger, 086 head with port and polish, w41 cams, double row timing chain, 350cc injectors (to start with), and a bunch of other goodies I can't name off the top of my head. The body is going through a complete resto and mod to make it safer with the added power. It has the rksport streetfire kit and a class glass ram air hood. On it's list are the standard upper and lower braces and several suspension and brake mods.Very nice ! Definitely post pictures of the 'fire when you get a chance !
hotbug1776

Post by hotbug1776 »

Title is on it's way… picking up the car the 29th. Hopefully I'll get some time to start installing the stereo right away. Mods list is growing too, I'll be looking into a HO alternator and a yellowtop battery now as well.
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

I suggest moving to larger batteries in the early model Vibes. It took me 2 times stranded, doing battery swaps in freezing weather before I bent the battery bracket for fit and slapped a 600 CCA battery in there. Have not had issues since. So i agree with the battery choice.They are great vehicles, have fun with it.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
hotbug1776

Re: I'll be here soon... (hotbug1776) PIC UPDATE!!! 11-1-11

Post by hotbug1776 »

She's home!!! Head unit is in!!! now comes the long task of putting the mods on and in.pics...http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpghttp://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpghttp://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpghttp://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpghttp://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpg11-1-11 Rims on...http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...n.jpg
kostby

Post by kostby »

Welcome to the GenVibe family. Sounds like you have some nice mods planned.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
vibenvy

Re: I'll be here soon... (kostby)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by hotbug1776 »She's home!!! Head unit is in!!! now comes the long task of putting the mods on and in.pics...Nice headunit ! Looks like she's in great condition! I bet there will be some members who will be jealous of the spoilers .
hotbug1776

Re: I'll be here soon... (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by hotbug1776 »

garaged it's whole life, 95% highway miles. it will set outside for a few days until I make it a place in the garage here.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

Before her time is up, what?! Don't say things like that. . . x_x Just today I was watching my odometer and seeing Gambit's life tick away and getting depressed for him and thinking morbid thoughts about if I had one of those to remind me that every second I used up more of my life. lolJust. . . dooon't say that!! D:Congratulations on that sexy little thing with LOTS OF LIFE LEFT TO LIVE. She is beautiful! Though she needs a good vacuuming. (My least favorite part of cleaning a car. lol)
My lovely Gambit.
hotbug1776

Re: (Persephone)

Post by hotbug1776 »

Yes, a good cleaning is in order, as my parents feel a car is for getting from point a to point b, very little is done for ride comfort and aesthetics. the dusty dash and dirty floors are a displeasure for sure. I had to call them today about the tint being torn, since they had a lifetime warranty on the tint, it's a free fix, but, they never thought about getting it repaired.Alas, I have learned to accept that cars are like people, some are great in their lives, some just live. All will be gone one day. I have had my Sunfire in my life for 17 years, it is a great car, but, it's time here is coming to an end. My 1972 VW Beetle, on the other hand, will be getting some donor parts from the Sunfire so that it may continue on for a very long time to come. The Beetle still has the aftermarket support to live on for generations to come, and, with the Sunfire motor and electronics, will do so.I plan on keeping the Vibe for at least as long as the Sunfire, and I hope to have at least as much fun with it as I have had with the Sunfire. I'll never sell it, it will have to die for us to part ways, like a good marriage.
Persephone

Post by Persephone »

XD Donor parts. That's great.Good to hear you plan on taking care of your Vibe. Some people are carvampires. They suck and suck and suck their life force and don't intend to give them anything back. One day the car collapses and they dump their empty corpse in a junkyard and move on to their next victim.
My lovely Gambit.
hotbug1776

Re: I'll be here soon... (hotbug1776) PIC UPDATE!!! 11-1-11 (hotbug1776)

Post by hotbug1776 »

bump for rim pics in the picture post
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by hotbug1776 »bump for rim pics in the picture postWheels look great !