best 0-60,(or)5-60 times

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Evanshall

best 0-60,(or)5-60 times

Post by Evanshall »

just wondering what type of times we have all run, i myself do 5-60s, mainly because i KNOW i suck at launching, and its easier on the car, when i reallly get down launching ill try 0-60anyways my best time to 60 is currently 7.4 flat, in 0-60 i have run high 8s but i have trouble punching the gas, actually ive never off the line punched the gas a dropped the clutch, just have been affraid too i know 060 when done right is supposed to be faster , anyways is that true with Front Wheel Drive?anyways as standing:Base Vibe GT, 6 Speed Manual 7.4 flat (without poping clutch at all)what have you run?
ZubenElGenubi

Re: best 0-60,(or)5-60 times (Evanshall)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Hee hee...I know I've got a base Auto, but I do love to punch it once in a while.Best 0-60 was 10.8. Under ideal conditions (i.e., dry, low gas, empty car), I could probably get 10.2, but don't think I could break 10.
Smokin' Rubber

Re: best 0-60,(or)5-60 times (Evanshall)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Never really timed it but I found that with my old dunlops that came on the stock 17's they didn't have enough grip to do a good high rpm clutch drop (also because of the weak motor mounts). The car would either peel out too much and go no where or would get awful wheel hop, so I found starting out on verge of peeling out is the best way, for me at least, off the line. Now with my new eagles they stick like beasts, I can do high rpm launches and they grip so much better. Also the best way to get a faster off the line time is warm your tires up a bit (I usually find an empty parking lot and do lots of tight squeeling turns).
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

According to car and driver Vibe base can do 0-60 in 8.5 Vibe GT can do it in 7.5 no mods. Can't wait to go to the track.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Evanshall

Post by Evanshall »

yah but offen magazine times are conservative due to the fact they dont really wanna have to worrie about breaking something, it ou tof the qeustion to go alllllll out, still 7.5 isnt bad, i personally hope to get below 7.4 from 0-60 now that i know i can do it from 5-60(which is odd because generally 5-60 is slower), and keep in mind the real difference between 7.3 and 7.5 isnt the car but the driver............ok no more puns everwhen i get back my friend is alos gonna let me drive his S2000, cant WAIT to time that car, really really cant wait(they only honda i will EVER respect made in the last 10 years)
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Eight-five, you say? Dang...gotta find me a straightaway and rightaway! Yee ha!
NovaResource2

Re: best 0-60,(or)5-60 times

Post by NovaResource2 »

Base Vibe, automatic, Injen Short Ram Intake, SLP Ram Air fiberglass hood.0-60 = 8.34
Evanshall

Re: best 0-60,(or)5-60 times (NovaResource2)

Post by Evanshall »

Quote, originally posted by NovaResource2 »Base Vibe, automatic, Injen Short Ram Intake, SLP Ram Air fiberglass hood.0-60 = 8.34the fact thats a auto, as well as being faster then magazine time, proves these cai and rams work wahoo
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

The 8.5 was on a 5spd Vibe not automatic, it's good to see the auto's under the 8.5. How do you time yourself from 0-60?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
NovaResource2

Post by NovaResource2 »

With a G-Tech Pro meter. I take it to the track when I run my Nova and it's very accurate. Within a tenth in ET and 2 mph. The G-Tech is usually slower than actual ET due to a track having rollout and the MPH is usually faster because it reads actual speed at the end while a track gives and average speed over the last 60 feet.BTW, the Tib has been G-Teched at 7.3 0-60 and 15.5@95.7 mph (that equals approx an 15.4@93 at a track). That's stone stock on 87-octane and only 388 miles on the engine. Once the engine loosenes up a little, I switch to synthetic oil and get the Injen intake installed (coming next week) she'll be in the low 15's easily. Then comes the Borla exhaust. I'd love to see a 14.99 ET.
Celtic_Curse

Re: (NovaResource2)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Cool, Is the G-tech expensive?
Evanshall

Post by Evanshall »

i still wanna see a 13 second vibe, i know its gonna be awile, but i know its possible, its not THAT impossible, a 2800 pound car(like the vibe) pushing 190 to the wheels(rear wheels) with only about 4% better areodynamics can run 13.8 sooooo
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Cool, Is the G-tech expensive?I guess if I have to ask that question it probably is
goodvibe

Post by goodvibe »

You can get standard pro gtech for less than $50. Competition version $200. Comp gives a large lcd screen, shift light, dyno curve, 60', more splits, memory, downloads to computer. Accelorometer works in 3 planes instead of 2 so that squat, lean and level are no longer an issue. Dyno feature wont be super accurate but is repeatable and will allow you to evaluate mods. 2nd gear roll from idle to redline should get it done. http://www.gtechpro.com/products.html NovaResource2, do you braketorque for your best runs? You're sure doing something right.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
Evanshall

Post by Evanshall »

dont they have one of those(possibly more expenensive) that messures lateral accelertaion as well? that could come in handy incase of tuning for autocross etc
goodvibe

Re: (Evanshall)

Post by goodvibe »

They both do. Clicky linky.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)