First Oil Change

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
Nick1556

First Oil Change

Post by Nick1556 »

I had received a coupon in the mail for a free oil change since I had just moved into a new city. I decided to take up the idea of a free oil change. As I was waiting for my Vibe to be completed I noticed that I had been waiting for over 30 minutes. Then, I remember the manager being invited back into the shop. He came back out and told me, "Sir we found a major issue with your car. Could you please come back into the shop with me?" A lot of ideas went through my mind of what could be wrong with my Vibe. I walked back into the shop and saw my car lowered back down to the ground. I immediately saw the problem. As they had raised my Vibe up into the air on the floor jack, they didn't close the driver's side door. As they had risen my Vibe up into the air, my car door had crushed itself into an I-beam. My door was hanging down at a 30 degree angle. I almost fell to my knees ready to cry. Moments later, I was in a rage. They had physically bent my car door back up as much as they could into its original position. The car door wouldn't close. I drove it to my dealership and they immediately began to work on it. Two weeks later, after driving a POS Geo, I had finally gotten my Vibe back. A brand new door and fresh paint. I perform my own oil changes now.
Moons and TunesXM RadioRed neons under the seats and inside the glove boxRed LEDs inside the vent ductsBlue neons under the carRF 900 watt ampSony Xplod 12 subwooferXeon blue headlights, foglights, and backup lights
russ257

Re: First Oil Change (Nick1556)

Post by russ257 »

they paid for this didnt they?
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
Nick1556

Post by Nick1556 »

Yes, they did. They fired the mechanic that damaged my car as well. (It was his first day, and his last!) I also received a small settlement as well !!!
Moons and TunesXM RadioRed neons under the seats and inside the glove boxRed LEDs inside the vent ductsBlue neons under the carRF 900 watt ampSony Xplod 12 subwooferXeon blue headlights, foglights, and backup lights
russ257

Re: (Nick1556)

Post by russ257 »

well it sucks but at least the rectified the situation
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

man oh man. " we found a major issue with your car" I bet they found it! I'm glad they took care of it all, How long had you had the car when this happened?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yikes... That's horrible.My friend's Vibe went in for an oil change recently, and he didn't check anything over after it left the shop. The next day he started smelling a strong odor of oil burning.Come to find out, they left the oil cap off, and oil splattered all over everything under the hood. He lost over a quart or so in the process.You've gotta keep a close eye on these folks sometimes, you know?
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Nick1556

Re: First Oil Change (joatmon)

Post by Nick1556 »

I had owned my Vibe for two months. btw, today, I got yet another ding in my driver's side door.. which now adds up to two keyed scatched from my headlight to my taillight, a ding on the rear driver's side.. and.. a ding on each door on the passenger's side.
Jahntassa

Re: First Oil Change (ColonelPanic)

Post by Jahntassa »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yikes... That's horrible.My friend's Vibe went in for an oil change recently, and he didn't check anything over after it left the shop. The next day he started smelling a strong odor of oil burning.Come to find out, they left the oil cap off, and oil splattered all over everything under the hood. He lost over a quart or so in the process.You've gotta keep a close eye on these folks sometimes, you know?I had left my oil cap off after putting a little extra oil in my Probe. I found out because it would stay running at idle, I guess the Vibe doesn't do the same..?I need to bring mine in for oil soon, too...i'll have to double-check everything after the fact..
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you