Injen CAI Group Buy

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
celica girl

Re: (Madman)

Post by celica girl »

Quote, originally posted by Madman »Why not get the Cosmo Racing piece instead? Way cheaper, made in Canada, shipped from Canada and from doing some reading, it is a very decent piece if not better than most.http://www.cosmoracing.com/productlist.asp?cid=148I have not seen any dynos with this CAI... could you please post some? What is the fittment like? For me I like to stick with names I know... not saying Cosmo is bad... just look at what happened with my AEM CAI... but I know for a fact that the Injen fit and increased HP on CC's vibe.
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Madman »Why not get the Cosmo Racing piece instead? Way cheaper, made in Canada, shipped from Canada and from doing some reading, it is a very decent piece if not better than most.http://www.cosmoracing.com/productlist.asp?cid=148If you can post some links to your research results that would make it handier for the rest of us. Right now, I'm seeing a very amateurish site which has lots of pics of cute Asian girls - now, I don't know much of anything about cars, but I think I'd be sticking with a product from a vendor with a well-established reputation when it comes to modifying my $30,000 car's engine.Does the phrase "you get what you pay for" ring a bell?
keely dunn
AKLGT

Re: (celica girl)

Post by AKLGT »

from what i understand the cosmo cai does the same thing as the other cai's. really, there's not too much difference b/w intake to intake. the only one that has a tendency to throw a CEL is the TRD cai and it's on the GT or 2zz engine only. the increases on the 1zz will not be as much as the 2zz regardless of what maker you purchase from. there are several members w/ the cosmo intakes that seem to really like them. personally, i prefer the TRD parts, but you already know that, jackie. i'm a sucker and freely admit it! ha ha ha! still, you guys are just getting hosed (or should i say tubed?) on prices!!! in AK we pay more money for shipping and cost of living, but your fees and taxes are unreal!!! i'm very sorry. if there was a way i could help you guys out, i'd do it in a heart beat! and i think the same for some of the other US members.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
celica girl

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by celica girl »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »from what i understand the cosmo cai does the same thing as the other cai's. really, there's not too much difference b/w intake to intake. the only one that has a tendency to throw a CEL is the TRD cai and it's on the GT or 2zz engine only. the increases on the 1zz will not be as much as the 2zz regardless of what maker you purchase from. there are several members w/ the cosmo intakes that seem to really like them. personally, i prefer the TRD parts, but you already know that, jackie. i'm a sucker and freely admit it! ha ha ha! still, you guys are just getting hosed (or should i say tubed?) on prices!!! in AK we pay more money for shipping and cost of living, but your fees and taxes are unreal!!! i'm very sorry. if there was a way i could help you guys out, i'd do it in a heart beat! and i think the same for some of the other US members.I'm a TRD girl as well Hope! If only they made a TRD CAI for the celica it would be on my car... but until then I'm stuck with AEM... you guys don't even want to know how much I paid for that...:S
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, again, reading thru the hundreds of CAI threads on here and on MO.com, there are very few issues w/ the aem, injen, cosmo intakes. most are made specifically for the car, either base or gt. the issue we run into w/ the vibes, is the foglight placement. you have to shove the filter further up the pipe or cut about 2" off the bottom pipe so the foglight doesn't jam up against the filter. the trix's fogs are in a diff location. all 3 of those intakes are good ones. even my trd cai is great. but the unichip resolved the CEL for me.... so i wouldn't recommend it otherwise if that's what you're worried about. the stock ecu reading a "too lean" code isn't a big deal, but a nuisance. same thing happened w/ my tundra and the K&N fipk II intake. aem and injen are both great units for the vibe or trix. i don't think you'd go wrong w/ either honestly. especially on the base engines. not heard of any issues w/ CEL's other than w/ the 2zz's.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Madman

Post by Madman »

DjDoubleLP

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (Mavrik)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »and your engine is the same as mine there mike? Base Matrix 1.8? Cause its apparently the same CAI for the two engines I was told.Nope. I have the 2ZZ-GE....180hp stock. I believe that the CAI is different as well as my throttle body is located a little differently....but don't quote me on it. I have not had a real hard look at the base 1.8....but I will take a good look when I see Carrie's car this weekend.
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
Mavrik

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (DjDoubleLP)

Post by Mavrik »

Well no one sells a polished one for under $200 basicly. Only two reliable ones I have looked at are AEM and Injen that have polished ones and so far AEM is cheaper by about $50 and I don't need to pay shipping.Cosmo though nice in price, their CAI will not match my car.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
DjDoubleLP

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (Mavrik)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Hey Mavrik........Brad from http://www.neverenuf.com is from Michigan.
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Whats he sell?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Madman »Links from this site.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... d=9379Well Madman, that helps, so thanks for posting the links. As I see it, of the four people that bought a Cosmo product and posted about it on this forum, one didn't get instructions with the unit and poor support from the vendor; there's debate as to whether the filter comes pre-oiled or not; the CAI is fitted for the Matrix and thus access to the filter, which needs to be cleaned every certain number of KM, such that the whole thing has to be removed for regular maintenance... So, for saving $100 after shipping and taxes (even from a Canadian company), I get that kind of uncertainty and increased maintenance costs (human labour counts as a cost for me - my time is money). I think I'll stick with the Injen.
keely dunn
AKLGT

Re: (Keely)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Keely »the CAI is fitted for the Matrix and thus access to the filter, which needs to be cleaned every certain number of KM, such that the whole thing has to be removed for regular maintenance... So, for saving $100 after shipping and taxes (even from a Canadian company), I get that kind of uncertainty and increased maintenance costs (human labour counts as a cost for me - my time is money). I think I'll stick with the Injen.unless you get a short ram, ALL cai are made so that you have to either remove the entire thing, or lift the car up, and take the filter off from the bottom. but really, you will only need to clean it every 20K miles... not sure what that is in KM.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

Celtic and I put the intake in first... then we pulled the wheel well back and slid the fliter on... no need to take it out... same thing with my celica....
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

If you really want too......you can also remove the front bumper......makes installation REAL easy. The bumper is not that hard to get off either. 4 bolts, 7 plastic rivets. EASY
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »unless you get a short ram, ALL cai are made so that you have to either remove the entire thing, or lift the car up, and take the filter off from the bottom. but really, you will only need to clean it every 20K miles... not sure what that is in KM.Fair enough, but from reading this thread, posters made a distinction between a Matrix-designed CAI, of which the Cosmo is one, and a Vibe-specific CAI, which is available from Injen, in terms of accessibility of the filter. If my reading is incorrect, then let me know, I'm just trying to understand all of this.
keely dunn
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

They are both in the same spot on the Matrix and the Vibe.......so accesibility is the same. DIFFICULT.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Keely »Fair enough, but from reading this thread, posters made a distinction between a Matrix-designed CAI, of which the Cosmo is one, and a Vibe-specific CAI, which is available from Injen, in terms of accessibility of the filter. If my reading is incorrect, then let me know, I'm just trying to understand all of this.someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the difference b/w the 2 cai is that the matrix based ones (like i have) are about 2" or so too long. again, as i stated previously, you have to shove the filter further up the tube. the vibe based cai, are just a little shorter so the filter isn't shoved up against the rear of the foglight housing. either way, it's not that difficult really to change or install the cai. i've done it twice now on my vibe. yes, i have to crawl under the car, move the inner lining (only like 3 screws) back, and then remove or replace the filter. the short ram is the ONLY intake system that allows you to remove and install the filter easily. but..... the cai is much much better for performance than the short ram. i believe most dynos will show the full cai is almost twice the power as the short ram.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

You are correct Hope in that the Vibe one is shorter. But now the '05 Matrix has the foglamps in the same place as the Vibe on the outer front corners....so same problem is going to exist. And if you end up getting the matrix CAI instead you can always just get the tube cut. Not hard to do.
Mavrik

Re: (DjDoubleLP)

Post by Mavrik »

wow so many opinions... lol. I'll make sure the AEM one is for a Vibe cause it MUST fit for that kind of money.
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

I honestly didn't think it was too difficult to install the filter... so I also don't think it will be too difficult to remove it for cleaning... Keely you know I'm here to help you with anything you need.
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

It is more inconvienent then difficult. But it can be done with little hassle........you just have to be patient and make sure that the filter clamp is facing the right way so that it can easily be undone oe tightened from the wheel well.
celica girl

Re: (DjDoubleLP)

Post by celica girl »

I know... I've done mine a few times now.
Keely

Post by Keely »

Great! Sounds like we're all settled then (she says with a hopeful )!
keely dunn
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

SWiRv

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (celica girl)

Post by SWiRv »

Quote, originally posted by celica girl »I need a headcount of who is interested... please post below and indicate what model Vibe you have. $320+GST CDN (Shipping will be added to those people not in Edmonton or Calgary) Color Available Either in Black Chrome(+$11) or Polish Chrome*Shipping to Ontario will be approx $12-$15*If we get more than 5 people I can drop it to $315+GST1. Mavrick Base2. Vibe Chick Base3. Keely GT Deadline is Monday May 17th. As requested, count me in for a polished CAI for a GT. Thanks CG!
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
VibeChick

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (SWiRv)

Post by VibeChick »

Swirv, let us know if you've heard from your guy in Red Deer!! We're getting anxious to get our order in so we can start planning our June intake install meet and bbq! lol
Used to have: 04 Monotone Abyss 5 SpeedNow the proud owner of a black 2005 SRT-4230 Hp250 lb/ft torque
VibeChick

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (VibeChick)

Post by VibeChick »

It sounds like Keely has agreed to host the group install...we'll have to set a date after the order is in and we have an idea how long till we get them.Thanks Keely! You're the best! (that's what happens when you have a driveway and a bbq)
Used to have: 04 Monotone Abyss 5 SpeedNow the proud owner of a black 2005 SRT-4230 Hp250 lb/ft torque
celica girl

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (VibeChick)

Post by celica girl »

WooHoo!
DjDoubleLP

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (celica girl)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

I will be there with my tool........I mean TOOLS.
Keely

Post by Keely »

Alright, everyone, thanks to SWiRv's hard work, we've got our CAIs ordered. We're waiting probably around a week for delivery, and then we can schedule Meet #3 - subtitled: The Install Meet. Factors to consider:1. SWiRv's on holidays from June 10-20.2. DJ, we'd love for you to pick up the CAI's from the place in Red Deer on your way down HW2 if it isn't too much trouble, and then (ab)use your skills, expertise and manual labour for the install day.3. Apparently this has been decided somewhere else, but I'm officially offering my spot for the Install Meet. I have both a BBQ and a driveway, but NOTHING in the way of tools so everything must be imported!Whew! I'm a little giddy now.
keely dunn
DjDoubleLP

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (Keely)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

I have no problem picking them up. If all of you want to make sure that they are all paid before I get there that would be great. If not.....a $$$ transfer to me is also a possibility. I am on holidays from June 5th to the 17th.....so anytime in there is good. More then likely before Swirv has to go is good. I have lots of tools to bring down to help with the installs....so it should be not a problem.
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

Yup, everything is a go here. Carrie, I got your email a little late, but left a message with the dealer regarding the year of the vehicle. I expect to hear from him tomorrow morning. Mmmmm... BBQ I'm giddy with excitement.
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
Mavrik

Re: Injen CAI Group Buy (SWiRv)

Post by Mavrik »

I wanted to buy one on the deal but can't afford to pay for one right now. To many other bills and a special trip planned for the end of this month. Guess if there is no more deals later say in June... I'll have to get one somewhere else but thats for the effort in trying to get me one. I didn't realise it would be so soon lol... my bad.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Right on Maybe I should buy something to install too, can't wait for the next group meet!Gonna love helping install the intakes.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

Whatcha gonna get?
Keely

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Right on Maybe I should buy something to install too, can't wait for the next group meet!Gonna love helping install the intakes.Now, that's a shopper! Sympathy purchases!
keely dunn
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

If we wait until July I should have a CF hood to install!!!GO FLAMES GO!
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

Ohhh! Another meet? Carbon fibre would be sweet. I have been obsessing over DJ's Engine Start button. Hmmm... maybe another mod for July.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

The start button was cool, I've been thinking of getting it too, plus the exhaust would love to get the exhaust. We'll see so much to buy so little time.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

I know what you mean. Meeting Mike may not have been the best influence on us . Besides the start button, I'm also thinking about the Magnaflow exhaust.... aaaiiiigggghhh!!!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by DjDoubleLP »I will be there with my tool........I mean TOOLS. did someone say TOOL??? i L ve TOOL! TOOL rocks!!!! went to their concert last year... or maybe it was the year before that? musta been a good one since i can't remember but tons of fun! sorry... i couldn't resist! sounds like you guys are gonna have a great time! now if only i could get my fellow alaskan vibers as excited about their vibes as you albertans!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Celtic_Curse

Re: (SWiRv)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by SWiRv »I know what you mean. Meeting Mike may not have been the best influence on us . Besides the start button, I'm also thinking about the Magnaflow exhaust.... aaaiiiigggghhh!!!Yes the exhaust is definately weighing heavily on my Mind too, I think July for that one, if I have enough money saved.
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Yes the exhaust is definately weighing heavily on my Mind too, I think July for that one, if I have enough money saved.Now guys....you do realize that I can not let you copy me right?? I do have the copyright for my exhaust. LOL You are all just jealous.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

A good leader takes pride in his pupils achievements.....what the hell am I saying ya I'm a wee bit jealous but for all the good reasons the exhaust has always been a goal.Signed,Young Grasshopper. LOL
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »A good leader takes pride in his pupils achievements.....what the hell am I saying ya I'm a wee bit jealous but for all the good reasons the exhaust has always been a goal.Signed,Young Grasshopper. LOLThis is true......but don't think that because you get exhaust means that you can beat me in a race. We will just have to prove that now won't we?? LOL