Any members active duty, reserve or retired military?

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
d_m_kolb

Any members active duty, reserve or retired military?

Post by d_m_kolb »

Just curious to know if or how many military members we have here at genvibe.com. Since we have Canada members any Canadian military is fine also.If anyone didn't know I'm active duty U.S. Coast Guard.At the moment I'm pretty low ranking at E-4 but hey we all gotta start somewhere and I started at E-1. I enlisted on 26SEP00. I'm currently stationed at Group Ohio Valley in Louisville KY. The group is located in the Federal BLDG downtown. I live on base at Fortknox KY.Before Louisville I was stationed on the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter Sweetgum until it was decommissioned in Feb of 2002. That's where I was when 911 happened.
OlDood

Re: Any members active duty or reserve military? (d_m_kolb)

Post by OlDood »

There you young 'uns go again, discriminating against us ElderVibers (is that anything like elderberries, I wonder?) You asked about active/reserve. Will you accept Retired? US Marine Corps active duty from February 1958 to July 1978. Tet 1968 Offensive in Vietnam as a mud grunt. Don't tell me "only" an E4. I spent 42 of the happiest months of my young life as a Corporal. Once Viet Nam heated up, of course, promotions opened up, and by the time I left Nam the first time in 1969, I was a Gunnery Sergeant (E7 to the other services), and a Warrant Officer selectee on my way to OCS. I finally retired on 20 as a CWO3, CWO4 selectee. E4 is not only an honorable grade, but as I used to tell my troops: You've got to be a good Corporal before you can be a good Sergeant. You've got to be a good Sergeant before ... etc.Keep up the good work, and stay safe.
[Modified by OlDood, 6:07 PM 9/30/2002]
VibeOn!Ray Fincher OlDood
d_m_kolb

Re: Any members active duty or reserve military? (OlDood)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Of course. I'm sorry I didn't say it in my earlier post. I'll go fix it, SIR. I'm not up on what every title is for every rank with other services. I'm a 3rd class Petty Officer.Glad you responded sir.
timneff

Re: Any members active duty or reserve military? (d_m_kolb)

Post by timneff »

Hi. This is actually my first post, even though I have been following the board for a few months. I am currently a TSgt in the Air Force stationed at the Pentagon. I enlisted in the Air Force on 9 September, 1984. Yes, only two more years until retirement!!!! My previous duty stations were:1984-1986: Hellinikon Air Station, Athens Greece1986-1997: Pentagon, Washington DC (OUCH!)1997-1998: Osan AB, Seoul Korea1998-2000: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas2000-Present: Pentagon, Washington DC (I'm a glutton for punishment)I purchased my Abyss Vibe GT in April. Great little car. I find I can haul almost the same amount of items as I could with my Ford Explorer. I have installed some Neon lights in the front passenger and driver foot areas, some indiglo racing pedals, and also some LEDs in each vent. I found the car interior to be a little dark at night. This past weekend I spent a few hours installing an amplifier, rear speakers in the back, and a DVD player. I am waiting for my LCD monitor to be shipped from Hong Kong. I plan on installing a video game system eventually. Not sure which one. I have a spare X-Box, Playstation and Sega Dreamcast. I don't really play many games any more but the idea of having one in the car sounds neat.
NovaResource

Re: Any members active duty or reserve military? (timneff)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:I have installed some Neon lights in the front passenger and driver foot areas, some indiglo racing pedals, and also some LEDs in each vent. I found the car interior to be a little dark at night.I'd love to see pics of that. Way cool.
timneff

Re: Any members active duty or reserve military? (NovaResource)

Post by timneff »

I'll try to post some once I get everything looking "pretty"!
VIBE-erator

Re: Any members active duty, reserve or retired military? (d_m_kolb)

Post by VIBE-erator »

Canadian Army here, mechanic. Been in 17 1/2 years. Spent most of my time repairing the Leopard Tanks in Germany and Gagetown, New Brunswick. Currently I'm with 4th Air Defence Regiment for 2 more years till I retire.......... ( Cant wait either )!!
2003 Neptune VIBE base
Flip-Side

Re: Any members active duty, reserve or retired military? (d_m_kolb)

Post by Flip-Side »

Active Duty Air Force, Charleston AFB. Been in almost 2 years.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
GreyFixer

Re: Any members active duty, reserve or retired military? (Admin II)

Post by GreyFixer »

I'm active duty Air Force. Currently I'm a Senior Airman (E-4) but I have a line number for Staff Sergeant. I'm an aircraft electrical and environmental systems journeyman currently stationed at Duke Field, FL. I help maintain the entire fleet of 14 MC-130E Combat Talon 1 aircraft. In December I will be moving to Osan AB, Korea for a year and then off to Ramstien AB, Germany for 2 years. I can't take a vehicle with me to Korea so I am just going to sell my Civic, save a little bit of money, and buy a Vibe when I get to Germany. Here is a pic of the plane I work on now:
timneff

Re: Any members active duty, reserve or retired military? (GreyFixer)

Post by timneff »

GreyFixer,Enjoy Osan. If you have any questions just ask. I was in Korea from 1997-1998. My wife was stationed on Osan and I was in Seoul.