New Here and Looking Forward to the Journey

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
rdors82

New Here and Looking Forward to the Journey

Post by rdors82 »

Hello Vibe community!

My name is Rod and I'm new to this group/forum. I have recently acquired my mom's 2005 Vibe. She is the original owner and it currently has just shy 135k miles. I absolutely love this, a complete surprise to me. I'd love to make it a head-turner and restore it completely, so any help would be appreciated. Again, I look forward to the journey/experience.

-Rod
VibeNation2024

Re: New Here and Looking Forward to the Journey

Post by VibeNation2024 »

Rod - Welcome and congrats on your new Vibe! With 135k, you can easily have reliable, economical and versatile transportation for years to come! I have one 2007 Pontiac vibe that I purchased new and one 2008 that I just purchased in March. I'm also working on some minor repairs and clean up efforts so I have recent experience. (Fee free to check out my thread about the list and progress).

When you say make it a head turner and restore it completely, could you help me (and the forum) understand what condition it is in and what restoration it needs? The reason I ask is if it needs mechanical repairs that will help it run/sound better or just cosmetic repairs that will make it look sharp. Also, do you have any budget in mind b/c this will help with the recommendations. For example, you could drop some serious money on alloy rims, body kits, sound upgrades or just keep it simple with interior/exterior detailing, headlight restoration, paint touch ups, etc. The latter is definitely more cost effective and sometimes all a Vibe needs to turn heads!
tpollauf

Re: New Here and Looking Forward to the Journey

Post by tpollauf »

rdors82 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:56 am Hello Vibe community!
I'd love to make it a head-turner and restore it completely, so any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to GenVibe Rod. Update your profile showing your location. This could help us help you and you could possibly be one of our neighbors. So has this Vibe been sitting outdoors where paint is problem now? Salt/Brine from winter driving took it's toll on it? Curious what this "somewhat low mileage" Vibe needs. Glad you found us and we're here to help! ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"