2009 GT seats

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
QWIKGTA

2009 GT seats

Post by QWIKGTA »

Local Pick and Pull had a 2009 GT in the yard. Went by to see it and it was well equipped, with leather interior and Subwoofer option. Front seats were in perfect shape so I snagged them and thought they were black, however, after getting them home and putting them next to some black leather seats, they look blue. The center "cloth" section had a bluish tint but I assumed the outer "leather" section was black. But it sure looks blue to me. Can anyone confirm that the interior is black and not blue? Is it just from fade? Yes they are stock seats, yes they are Vibe seats they have the "GT logo in the center leather stripe. Yes they are original. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
20240131_164652_zoom.jpg
20240131_164652_zoom.jpg (332.8 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Member since June 02. Owner of a Two-tone Abyss/Gray GT since April 2002. It was the First GT sold in Virginia Beach.
tpollauf

Re: 2009 GT seats

Post by tpollauf »

Thanks for inquiring about these seats. Interesting to see you still around here for close to 22 years ..... kudos to you ;) We have TWO 2nd gen Vibe GT's and the color is Gray, not blue. If yours resemble more of a blue then YES it could be from fading, sun damage, UV wear, etc. Are there a lot of miles on these seats? What climate were they in? They look to be in pretty good shape still :D
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Capt.Vibe

Post by Capt.Vibe »

Looks gray to me on 3 different monitors.
2010 Red Hot Metallic 1SA
SSizler

Post by SSizler »

They look Gray (and nice) to me also.
I wonder if those bolt into a first gen?
Are you willing to divulge what you had to pay for them?
2003 Vibe Base/ Frosty White Mono/ Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD/ Lava Red Mono/ Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg/ 150k mi
2006 Vibe Base/ Stealth Gray Mono/ Loaded w/Leather/ 180k mi
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids
QWIKGTA

Post by QWIKGTA »

Yea, joined soon after I purchased my 03 GT. First one sold in Virginia Beach. Keep her until last year, she was still kickin'.

Not sure of the mileage, the car was at my local pick n pull. The reason I grabbed them was because they are in very good shape. no rips, no wear on the bolster, only a few "cracks" on the drivers side near the up/down handle. I guess it must be sun faded b/c they are not black and not gray.

From what I can tell, they look like they will bolt into a 1st gen, from what I can recall, the bolts front/rear bolted in the same way with three going strait down into the floor and the inside rear on both seats bolt in to the side.

I paid $90 bucks. Seats go for $30 each, $45 if they have air bags, so I had to pay the extra.
Member since June 02. Owner of a Two-tone Abyss/Gray GT since April 2002. It was the First GT sold in Virginia Beach.