Pinion Seal and Axle Seal Question 2010 Vibe AWD

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Brockhamre

Pinion Seal and Axle Seal Question 2010 Vibe AWD

Post by Brockhamre »

I purchased a 2010 vibe awd for my sons first car from my parents. It had around 60K miles. It now has just over 72K miles. I recently noticed some oil on the garage floor coming from 2 places, so i brought it back in to the plave that does my oil changes. They showed me that it was leaking from the axle seal (and getting all over the rear differntial) and the pinion seal.

I have attached a photo, can anyone tell me if this is the pionion seal that would need to be replaced? I want to be sure and I am having a hard time finding one since they dont make the parts for these anymore. I located an axle seal but havent been able to find the pinion seal. Is that what I would need for the photo shown? I have an appointment on December 26th to get the axle seal replaced and I was hoping to locate the other seal before my appointment. Advice on if that would be what I need for the photo shown, and any help on where I can get one?
Attachments
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg (62.59 KiB) Viewed 175 times