Help with Part No

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
ditomathew

Help with Part No

Post by ditomathew »

I am looking for a part number for 2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L. It's the hose that connects from engine to air intake. Is that the breather hose?

Mine is cracked. I don't see Autozone has any breather hose for my model. Can someone help me with right replacement?
Attachments
IMG-20231122-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20231122-WA0010.jpg (488.43 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
----------------------------------------------
2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L Base
andrewclaus

Re: Help with Part No

Post by andrewclaus »

I use this site: http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/us/ for Toyota engine parts.
ColonelPanic

Re: Help with Part No

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yep, looks like that is the breather hose that connects to the PCV valve.

Don't quote me on it, but it looks like maybe this is it? (#12261 in the diagram) https://autoparts.toyota.com/products/p ... 20#popup-1

I had to replace this hose on the '03 when it split on the PCV valve side, I too struggled to find a suitable replacement. Nobody except Toyota seemed to have that hose, so I tried to make my own. I then discovered what was so special about it - one side of the hose has a different diameter than the other. Not sure if it's like that on the 2nd gen Vibe, but I thought i'd point out that annoyance just in case. I probably could have rigged something up with different size hoses and some sort of connectors, but I gave up and just bought the thing from Toyota.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image