Starter wires?

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
gemory15

Starter wires?

Post by gemory15 »

Recently replaced my starter at 205k miles as it would not start at first. Did a bit of maneuvering and easily started so I took it to autozone for a diagnostic. Came back with no codes. Tried to start to leave and wouldn’t. Someone asked the problem and after saying I could get lights and no click. Tapped the starter and started right up. Broke the clip when replacing it but started right up after. The next morning tried to start it up to leave and would not. Unplugged it and plugged it back up after taking off ground terminal and started up no effort.Came back a week or so later and changed the clip and thought the issue was done. 2 weeks later would not start. Took the alternator to get tested and came back good. Battery is good and starter was replaced and just got confirmation of a good alternator. Got a jump start and started fine for the next few days. Yesterday would not start but was getting lights. Went under the hood and after jiggling wire connector to starter and negative would not get lights. Came back later and got lights again and after a re attempting no luck. I believe it is the starter connector wire. As I can get lights and my terminals seem good. Any help?