Every light on. 😱 at least it feels like it

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Pyroman532

Every light on. 😱 at least it feels like it

Post by Pyroman532 »

Hey everyone!
New to the community. My girlfriend purchased a 2009 Pontiac vibe gt 2.4 l. It’s got the monsoon sound system. So before the tps light was the only one on. Pretty sure I have a dead battery in a sensor and need to reprogram. But anyways……
We were heading out one night and the car started acting weird. Lost power steering and the vsc off light, traction control and check engine light came on. Found out it was the alternator. Replaced that and the battery car was running great. Only tps light on. Then after getting gas one day all the lights came back on. I’ve checked the fusses all appears good. Tried hooking up code reader and it would work sometimes, and sometimes it says it can’t communicate. Then I also have had the stereo system loose power randomly. It would blow a fuse or just randomly stay on all the time or off. The cars getting bad gas mileage and idles rough. I have replaced the plugs and wires about 2 months prior to issues. We also have an aftermarket stereo system. This was installed by previous owner and clearly was a sub installed. Pretty sure I installed all new wires correctly and no issues with radio except that it’s super loud on just level one volume.

I don’t know what’s wrong and can’t seem to make sense of all the lights coming on. Could it be a bad relay? Am I missing something besides the fuses under dash and ones under hood? And if anyone knows why my radio is still super loud please help. Thanks in advance and thanks for having me in the community. Look forward to contributing.

Ray -