Instrument Panel and Radio/Center Console Lights Out

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
arvanlaar

Instrument Panel and Radio/Center Console Lights Out

Post by arvanlaar »

Hey All,

I have a 2005 Pontiac Vibe. My Primary hood latch doesn't work at the moment and I took my car to the car wash. Immediately after when I started my car, I saw that my instrument panel lights and all the lights on my center console (radio, climate controls etc) were not working. After 30 seconds they came back on and were fine the rest of the the day. Today, a couple of days later, none of those lights are working again and they did not come back on after a 20 minutes drive at any time. To note, the turn signal, engine light, headlight indicators do work and show. I thought maybe I blew a fuse so I came online to check and maybe an hour or so after I had last ran the car, popped in, put my key in and all the lights were back again.

What is my issue here? I doubt its a fuse as either they work or they don't work. Was it something related to the car wash that caused this? If so what is happening?

I appreciate your time getting back to me if you have any ideas :)
SSizler

Re: Instrument Panel and Radio/Center Console Lights Out

Post by SSizler »

It sounds like you have the brightness knob turned all the way down, probably bumped it at the car wash.
I know this because it happed to me. :roll:
You see the lights cycling on / off because of the DRL actuator cycling the lights.

OR, I could be totally wrong............

Check it out and let us know what you find.
2003 Vibe Base/ Frosty White Mono/ Total Loss 1-23
2006 Vibe AWD/ Lava Red Mono/ Loaded w/Leather and Sport Pkg/ 150k mi
2006 Vibe Base/ Stealth Gray Mono/ Loaded w/Leather/ 180k mi
40 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids
arvanlaar

Post by arvanlaar »

Oh my goodness... I feel like an idiot! You are 100% correct. It was set all the way down. It must have been when I deep cleaned the interior of my car a day before the car wash. Gah... thanks for saving me. I was thought I was losing it!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I see you signed up 2 years ago but this was your first post, so

Welcome to genvibe!
arvanlaar

Post by arvanlaar »

Thanks! Ya I have lurked for a while but this is my first time posting :)