2003 Vibe GT Manual Possible Sale

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
Lmwise

2003 Vibe GT Manual Possible Sale

Post by Lmwise »

I have a 2003 Vibe GT Manual with about 108k miles on it. Gray/almost brownish color. It’s in pretty good shape except for a small dent in the back fender from when I forgot to engage the parking brake and it rolled into another car in the parking lot (stupid I know). Back bumper is peeling paint. The previous owner smoked in the vehicle and it’s not noticeable until it gets above about 90 degrees outside and then there is a bit of a musty odor. Definitely not a strong scent, in fact when I bought the car it was winter time so I didn’t even discover it for about 6 months. Any idea what I could get for it? I’m in Denver.
Phoneman

Re: 2003 Vibe GT Manual Possible Sale

Post by Phoneman »

Depending on the size and look of the dent and the peeling paint, I would think you should be able to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $6000 due to the low miles for a 20 year old car.

Non-smokers with sensitive noses probably wouldn't go quite that high but affordable, reliable used cars are still at a bit of a premium.

Photos of the dent and peeling paint would help with valuation.

Listing the car online with a nationwide service would probably help get the max price for it. I searched nationwide for 8 months before I found my last one in SC.

Disclaimer: I'm not in the auto industry but spent a lot of time looking nationwide for a 2003 GT. If I were still in the market, I would be very interested.
2005 Vibe - 240k
2003 Vibe GT - 117k (totaled)
2003 Vibe GT - 117k
Lmwise

Re: 2003 Vibe GT Manual Possible Sale

Post by Lmwise »

Ok thanks I appreciate the info. I’ll try to snap a few photos in the next couple days and load them up just to maybe give a clearer picture. I know the GT is relatively hard to come by so I’m sure someone will want it eventually. Thanks again.