03-04 front bumper on an 08? (vibe)

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
deira

03-04 front bumper on an 08? (vibe)

Post by deira »

INTRO
Hey all! First post of many here. 1 owner vibe off the lot and it has been mine (passed down) for a few years now. Finishing up paint, I have done some mechanical replacements as well, but now I am focused on the exterior.

QUESTION
Is it as simple as it sounds? I LOVE the look of the 03-04 front bumper. I haven't seen this question asked on here searching for keywords like "bumper swap". I̶ k̶n̶o̶w̶ t̶h̶e̶ d̶e̶t̶a̶i̶l̶s̶ n̶e̶a̶r̶ t̶h̶e̶ f̶o̶g̶ l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ o̶n̶ t̶h̶e̶ s̶i̶d̶e̶s̶ o̶f̶ t̶h̶e̶ b̶u̶m̶p̶e̶r̶ w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ n̶o̶ l̶o̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ t̶h̶e̶ r̶e̶a̶r̶ i̶f̶ c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶. I guess my main question is: Are these years interchangable without doing over-the-top work for precise fitment?

Thanks a ton in advance!
Last edited by deira on Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SeattleJeremy

Re: 03-05 front bumper on an 08? (vibe)

Post by SeattleJeremy »

The headlight and fog light shape and position did not change. The fenders and hood are also the same.
The softer points might be different like the fender liners and where it attaches to the lower mounting points. However, they should be the same.

Also, the bumper you are looking for is a 03-04. The newer one started in 05.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
deira

Re: 03-04 front bumper on an 08? (vibe)

Post by deira »

Thank you! As for the fog lights, I was referring to the two lines on the side of the bumper, and for some reason I thought the 03-04 bumpers didnt have them. Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your answer Jeremy!
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Great you where able to fix the title :)

KBB's got some glamor shots for each year. The part that connects to the over fender part will also line up the same :)
https://www.kbb.com/pontiac/vibe/2005/
https://www.kbb.com/pontiac/vibe/2004/

You will also need to find the two top grill inserts and the lower grill piece, if you buy the bumper without these parts :)
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Mark

Post by Mark »

Photobucket sucks (removed), but you can see enough of the pics in this thread of the 04 front end we welded on my 08 Vibe

viewtopic.php?t=44098
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite