2010 Vibes / 2014 Matrixes from Canada — Changing Odometer from KM to MI

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
technotite

2010 Vibes / 2014 Matrixes from Canada — Changing Odometer from KM to MI

Post by technotite »

Title is pretty self explanatory — I’m considering importing a 2010 Vibe or 2014 Matrix from Canada — and I’m curious if it’s possible to change their odometers from KM to MI.

I understand with the Pre-09 vibes there is a process involving some legacy software and an older PC with an LPT/parallel port (which I have access to) — is the process similar with the 2010 Vibe and the 2014 Matrix?
joatmon

Re: 2010 Vibes / 2014 Matrixes from Canada — Changing Odometer from KM to MI

Post by joatmon »

I have tweaked 03/04 odometer readings with an LPT1 interface and the PonyProg software,

In viewtopic.php?p=516699#p516699 jolt posted some links, one of them is to https://www.tachosoftonline.com/ which seems to offer a tool to convert from odometer readings to the hex code needed to put into the EPROM That tool says that the 03-05 Vibes used a 93c46 EPROM, and 2009 used a 93c56 EPROM. Info you find for the 93c46 data locations might not apply to the 09+ 93c56

All that being said, I don't know where in the 93c46 the data for English/Metric selection is.

If you by a 2010 Vibe, you'd probably have to find a specialty shop, as GM dealership support for Vibes is getting increasingly hard to find. If you buy a 2014 Matrix, Toyota could help do the units switchover for you, although I don't know if they would need to send the cluster somewhere or they could do it any at random toyota dealership

I know https://www.specmo.com/services/conversions can do it for you if you send them the cluster, they say they will also swap out the gauge faces to match the units. I don't know what that costs. They are just one shop, there must be others that do that kind of work, and I have no connection with specmo so I am not offering any endorsement of them

Sorry to not be of any actual help, but if you do it, please let us know what 's involved