water pump for 09 vibe

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
whyteryce

water pump for 09 vibe

Post by whyteryce »

Just to confirm, the 09 Pontiac Vibe and 09 Toyota Matrix use the same water pump? Asking just to confirm since the local toyota parts dealers won't confirm

I believe it is since 16100-39466 appears to be the part number for the 09 Matrix 1.8L and if I search that I get returns for third party brands that claim to fit Vibe. But wanted to double check before I possibly buy something that won't fit

Thanks for any help
joatmon

Re: water pump for 09 vibe

Post by joatmon »

The only way I could say 100% sure would be if I had replaced one with a Toyota one myself, but I haven't. That disclaimer aside, looking at advanceautoparts.com, they offer the same pumps for both the 09 Vibe and Matrix with 1.8L engines. Don't know if you have them where you are, but if you do buy from them, order it online, they'll give you a discount, today seemed like 15% off, then pick it up at the store, instead of just going in cold and buying it.

don't know if you have the luxury to do so, but its nice to take the old part in and compare it to the new part before you leave the store.

Did yours fail or is it just leaking?
whyteryce

Re: water pump for 09 vibe

Post by whyteryce »

I believe it's fine but I'm nearing 160k and my Prius' just went out at 130k so I'm being a bit paranoid. From the sound of it, it's not unusual for them to go out by now? I'm fine with proactively replacing it if it means skipping out on it dying while on the freeway like what just happened with the other car.

I could go to a store like that but I prefer an OEM/Toyota version