09-10 Vibe (09-14 Matrix) Brakes On Sale At Autozone!

Handling, suspension, and brake tuning discussions
BaseWhiteVibe

09-10 Vibe (09-14 Matrix) Brakes On Sale At Autozone!

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Went to Autozone to get new Pads and Rotors for the front. Coupon is available here (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/landin ... akes-offer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

DGC1210 Pads (Front CMAX Pads, Ceramic with a rubber shim on the back, lifetime warranty) - $54.99
44622 Rotors (2 Year Warranty) - 26.99 Each

Total Price (Before Tax and Discounts) - $108.97 With Coupon $88.97 so out the door with tax $94.31

Hey for lifetime pads and new rotors you can't beat being under $100!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!
beemerphile1

Re: 09-10 Vibe (09-14 Matrix) Brakes On Sale At Autozone!

Post by beemerphile1 »

Thanks for the tip but too late for me. I replaced everything front and rear last week.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Ouch :-( sorry
ParknVibe

Post by ParknVibe »

BaseWhiteVibe wrote:Went to Autozone to get new Pads and Rotors for the front. Coupon is available here (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/landin ... akes-offer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

DGC1210 Pads (Front CMAX Pads, Ceramic with a rubber shim on the back, lifetime warranty) - $54.99
44622 Rotors (2 Year Warranty) - 26.99 Each

Total Price (Before Tax and Discounts) - $108.97 With Coupon $88.97 so out the door with tax $94.31

Hey for lifetime pads and new rotors you can't beat being under $100!
How long is a brake lifetime? That price is just parts? right?
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

ParknVibe wrote:How long is a brake lifetime? That price is just parts? right?
"Lifetime brake" pads are basically saying this pad will not break or rust away. So it's basically: lifetime of the pads (not the car). How long the pad is good for depends on the style of pad and how often you use your brakes.
Yes, that's just for parts.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

With the CMAX pads you can bring them back when they are completely worn out and get new ones for free. The rotors.... well they are just rotors so might as well get new rotors.

Being an Engineer in Automotive we have had lots of discussions about "Lifetime", a typical customer will buy "Lifetime" parts feeling secure and confident in the parts themselves. This customer however will not keep his vehicle past 90K miles, therefore the "Lifetime" does not transfer to the new owner and the parts store banks money and the shop does as well

On the other hand I have brought back the brake pads off my Aztek numerous times. Total of three times in the lifetime of my vehicle, the cost of the pads paid themselves off three times over. The final cost when divided by 3 was $21 per set.

I plan on keeping this guy for a while, and once my rear pads wear out I am going to do the same thing. I put CMAX pads on about 5 family member vehicles and never had an issue.
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

Also I should have noted that the brake pads are lifetime replacement warranty, my mistake. So when the pads wear out I just bring in the old ones and get new ones for free
mrbravo2000

Post by mrbravo2000 »

BaseWhiteVibe wrote:Also I should have noted that the brake pads are lifetime replacement warranty, my mistake. So when the pads wear out I just bring in the old ones and get new ones for free
It's important to note that you can't wear the brake pad down to the plate or you void the lifetime replacement. I just front and rears with ceramics and intend to trade them out as you do with the Aztek. I had teh same deal on my truck but went too far once and was really mad.
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I will eventually do the rears also. I let them be this time but once they are worn I will replace them. Also I won't let them
Get that low because usually the rotors are shot by that time