Hey..

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
CAMOGIRL

Hey..

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Random drop in post but.....

I MISS YOU GUYS!

I am trying to finish up the grueling RN year of school and really have not much time for A-NY-THING, including my poor Vibe. I try to keep it clean but that's as far as it goes. I'm feeling like I'm neglecting her but I will be making more money when done so I satiate us both by telling her that if she gets me through this year (and we survive a carpool with three other students..(removed) people in my back seat??) then all of our wildest dreams will come true. Unfortunately that means starting with boring stuff like a new windshield :? And getting to the bottom of the oil-use mystery...

So I think I need some Vibe therapy.. I'm dreaming of new exhaust, shiny 18" rims, tint, a little drop and of course additions to the GM body kit...can those of you whose Vibes possess these pretty things post up some photos on this thread for me to drool over? Just to get me through til May? 8-)
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
vibenvy

Re: Hey..

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome back :)! Glad to hear everything's okay and that you've just been busy.

I look forward to seeing your Vibe progress once the big money starts rolling in next year :cool:!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Don't feel too bad, I'm only on here like once a week maximum, and only post like... once a month... so people know I didn't die.

Good luck with your schooling!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Hey, I remember... Red Car people!!!

Just put the Genvibe link next to the facebook link in your bookmarks then you'll be here more often! :lol:
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

I am sure between clinicals, evidence based research articles, exams every week, sleeping for two hours, snacking, and not having a social life....

Oil use mystery???
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

YEAH! Red car people! The only reason FB gets any attention is because it is easily accessible from my phone, since we switched over to this forum I can't remember my new PW so I can't login via my phone lol.

Griz, you sound like you've been there before. Add the need to work 88 hours a month (12 hour night shifts) and you've got me.

The Vibe is using oil like crazy toward the end of the life of the oil. It's fine the first maybe 1k miles then it starts to use it heavily. I have no blue smoke from the tailpipe, just a load of black soot, that drips out with the condensation. I do not have any leaks on the cement in my driveway, and that's counting with my carpool the car may sit there untouched for days (SADLY) so there is time for it to drip as much as is leaving. I've struggled with finding someone I trust to look at the car and not tell me stories to jack up the expenses, and now I think I have found someone, so it will go get looked at over the Christmas break.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Try switching to one of the name brand, high mileage oils.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

I have..

Things I have learned:

-synthetic runs like water right out
-I get the MOST length out of HM Pennzoil, upped to 10-30
-Lucas oil tx helps it go a little longer
-buying higher priced better oils just drains my pocket as well as the engine

...time to have someone professional look at it.

So, no pics for me?
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

So you are using less oil with the Lucas Oil Stabilizer? Have you tried Quaker State or Castrol High Mileage?
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Here you go vibes galore. A little of this, a little of that. Hope you enjoy. :D

Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

That blue Vibe Autocross looks killer... I want it! Especially the body kit, seats, headlights... along with shaved roof racks. Looks very nice!
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

ou.grizzly wrote:So you are using less oil with the Lucas Oil Stabilizer? Have you tried Quaker State or Castrol High Mileage?

I have tried the Castrol.. I am going to ask for the QS this time around.

Mac... You did it up perfect! All of my favorite things and things I didnt know I loved (Those doors.. WHAT?!?!!) And yes, that Wave blue.. that is my absolute favorite vibe in the whole wide world. Well.. IF you put that RK sport ram air hood on it... *sigh*
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Let us know what the mechanic says is the problem. I personally think piston rings. Also, I just read back over my engine diagnosis class notes, and they said that there won't be blue smoke unless the problem is really bad. (PS, I'm taking classes on this stuff and that's why I want to hear what the mechanic says)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

lannvouivre wrote:Let us know what the mechanic says is the problem. I personally think piston rings. Also, I just read back over my engine diagnosis class notes, and they said that there won't be blue smoke unless the problem is really bad. (PS, I'm taking classes on this stuff and that's why I want to hear what the mechanic says)
THIS is what I am afraid of. AND I'm jealous. I kinda wanted to do that outta high school. Dunno why I never did.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

CAMOGIRL wrote:THIS is what I am afraid of. AND I'm jealous. I kinda wanted to do that outta high school. Dunno why I never did.
You still could! ;) It's fun, and I like my classmates a lot...well, except for the one in my engine repair class that asked me if I was sure I was in the right class "ma'am".

I don't think piston rings would be too bad, but I only worked on an LM7 V8 Vortec engine. It would take forever to do, mostly. I hope it's something easier to fix.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
CAMOGIRL

Post by CAMOGIRL »

lannvouivre wrote:You still could! ;)
Actually I think I will when I retire from nursing. But I want to go to something like we have here in McPherson, it's all about restoring old classics, engine, body everything. THATs what I wanted :)