upgraded interior

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
07cdnvibe

upgraded interior

Post by 07cdnvibe »

I have painted all the grey interior panels black and carpeted all the hard plastic floor panels and the back of the seats with grey/black speaker box carpet.the pic shows where i kept the tracks in the rear panel, which helps keep my sub box still when the seats are up,
Image,
trb

Re: upgraded interior

Post by trb »

Looks really good! I assume the carpet is a peel and stick kind of thing? My plastic panels are really scrached and scuffed up badly, (from the prior idiot owner's sub boxes) and I've been wondering how to make it look better without buying all new plastic panels. Any online sources for the carpet?
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Looks great! Seems time consuming :o
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

Wow that looks incredible!

My plastic interior is also fairly scratched up from moving things around.
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

Thanks took about an afternoon of work for removing ask the panels and paint and put then back in, the carpet i s glued down with 3M spray glue took a few hours to remove seat backs and do all the work but well worth it nothing slides around anymore and I think it helped with the plastic rattles as well. All the grey panels on the fast have been painted/dyed including the ones between the doors and along the windshield.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

So how's the painted plastic been holding up?
It looks incredible in that shot
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

It is holding up very well, the only panel that is showing any where is the little one that covers the latch, that pic was taken this week 5 weeks after doing the work. I don't put alot if stuff back there with the subs but I do use it. I used 4 rattle cans of spray dye from canadian tire to paint the panels, this is the first time I have ever used it, most things I have done to my car are firsts for me really enjoying it though.