Bra/Mask advice?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
arielleilani

Bra/Mask advice?

Post by arielleilani »

I am in need of a 2-piece bra/mask for my 03 Vibe, to cover up some previous damage. Are there any brands that come highly recommended? I only saw one here that looks like it fit really well (from CarBra.com), but they no longer sell it, just Covercraft. I want a tight, clean fit, without those weird flappy things on the hood lol.

Any advice and pictures would be most appreciated, thank you!
arielleilani

Re: Bra/Mask advice?

Post by arielleilani »

For instance, this:

Not that:
808 Vibes

Post by 808 Vibes »

Mine did not have those "flappy" things on it. I got it off that a u c t i o n site. (done intentionally so as not to get ads on the top LOL) It was the l e b r a brand. I don't remember the seller, but they have one and two piece listings, so be sure to get the right one. I finally had to throw Neptune's away after several years of abuse, but Frosty's is still intact.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

808 Vibes wrote:It was the l e b r a brand. I don't remember the seller, but they have one and two piece listings, so be sure to get the right one.
In my experience, LeBra is the way to go.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

I had a bra on an old civic si I had. It beat up the paint really bad so I switched to the "top of the line" bra and it finished beating the hell out of my paint. To avoid that I had a buddy of mine come up with an ingenious idea. Body decal to look like a bra. Saved his paint and some money for the bra and looked great!
2004 Vibe 5 speed with factory oem body kit and wings.
Mods: Sound system, 18" Excel MR7 Rims, 225 40 R18 tires ACT 4 puck clutch.

lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Wingnut wrote:I had a bra on an old civic si I had. It beat up the paint really bad so I switched to the "top of the line" bra and it finished beating the hell out of my paint. To avoid that I had a buddy of mine come up with an ingenious idea. Body decal to look like a bra. Saved his paint and some money for the bra and looked great!
You have to clean under the bra every week to keep it from damaging the paint. I used mine for about 6 months. Haven't put it back on the car for a while, though...too busy lately to remember to clean the front end of the car every week (or more often because of how dusty it is here).
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

At that point isn't it just easier to go without the car bra entirely? Maybe get a wind deflector for the hood, but if you're having to put that much effort just to make sure the paint you want to protect isn't ruined, aren't you defeating the purpose?

Similarly, I may have to do the blue tape bra idea on my car for my commute to Erie this summer. Just to keep bugs off so I'll arrive 800 miles later still looking halfway decent.
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

KITT222 wrote:At that point isn't it just easier to go without the car bra entirely? Maybe get a wind deflector for the hood, but if you're having to put that much effort just to make sure the paint you want to protect isn't ruined, aren't you defeating the purpose?
The main reason I ended up not being able to keep up with cleaning the front end was because we got a lot of rain, so I couldn't just use the microfiber duster to gently sweep off the dirt. I also go over the front end with some Meguiar's Ult. Quik Detailer and Ult. Quik Wax. I think the whole process takes me less than 30 minutes, I just can't do it if it rains and sticks the dirt to my car...or if I've been too stressed out.

I wish I'd had it on the car the last couple of weeks, I had so many dead bugs splattered on my front bumper...and no clay bar :(
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
acvw74

Post by acvw74 »

I have used the Duplicolor and RainX spray on protectant...you just have to reapply after giving the Vibe a bath.