General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

Hey guys, new member here. Ive visited the site many times for help on my car and finally decided to sign up since I have done some work to it. I have a 2003 Vibe gt 6 Speed. I put a Spec Stage 2 clutch in it, after I bought it from the dealer with a toasted clutch. I also recently just got a few parts for it, Injen CAI, Magnaflow full exhaust, and Tein (green) Lowering springs.

Here are a few shots of my car.

I was wondering if I could get a few answers off of this post while Im typing....

1. After changing my CAI my throttle doesnt have the same response, and it boggs down badly sometimes.
2. What is the name of my paint color on my car? Where could I get some touch up paint at? Local automotive paint shop??

Thanks guys
Daily-2003 Vibe Gt - Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Tein lowering springs, Stage 2 Spec Clutch
Garage Queen- 1986 Mustang Gt - Turboed 5.0L
2003 Modded Honda Ruckus (was stolen) http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 96&t=58310
vibenvy

Re: New Member

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! Very nice looking Vibe you've got there! It's nice to see you already have some mods done to it. After you've been around here a while, I'm sure you'll be doing many more ;).
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

I sure hope so! Thank you!
Daily-2003 Vibe Gt - Injen CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Tein lowering springs, Stage 2 Spec Clutch
2003 Modded Honda Ruckus (was stolen) http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 96&t=58310
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

welcome
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
jkm311

Post by jkm311 »

Seek and ye shall find: viewtopic.php?t=15802

And I think this is you: 15U/WA914K Shadow 12346652 5 oz Spray / 12346651 0.5 oz Brush Bottle

Can anybody else confirm? And welcome, 86. :)
Steelies to the rescue.
zyzyix

Post by zyzyix »

Welcome
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

jkm311 wrote:Seek and ye shall find: viewtopic.php?t=15802

And I think this is you: 15U/WA914K Shadow 12346652 5 oz Spray / 12346651 0.5 oz Brush Bottle

Can anybody else confirm? And welcome, 86. :)

Thank you! I did double post on accident. I just ordered a couple tubes (Just in case), where would I be able to get my hands on one of those red GenVibe.com decals?
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

86foxgt wrote:where would I be able to get my hands on one of those red GenVibe.com decals?
Grafx Werks.
acvw74

Post by acvw74 »

Welcome! Looks like your off to a great start.
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Nice Vibe! It reminds me of mine :D We look forward to seeing what you do next! Any plans in regards to future modifications?
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

MrHatchWagon wrote:Nice Vibe! It reminds me of mine :D We look forward to seeing what you do next! Any plans in regards to future modifications?
Thanks! I really like your wheels, I want that look. I look forward to meeting all of you guys at a meet sometime. It seems like we are all kind of relatively close to each other.

Here is my 2012 wish list:

-Exhaust- this weekend hopefully, but I am starting to think i bought this exhaust off of a guy with a 1zz motor. So i don't think I can use it????.... :cry:
-Tein Springs- Green (can anyone tell me what these are?)
-Tint all the way around 30%
-Get all the blemishes touched up
-Paint the center part of the front bumper black, kind of like the Mitsubishi Bumper.
-Get a set of front fascia lips for the front bumper.
-New wheels and tires
-A pillar gauge pod (boost gauge, wideband AFR gauge, oil pressure gauge)
-Black out all Vibe badges, and Red out the GT badges. I also want to paint brake calipers red.
-I will also be adding a nice red GENVIBE.COM decal, also 2 red VVT-I decals on the back of the kick panels on each side, like where yours is.

In the next 2 years it will be F/I
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

That's a very good list! You probably saw it in my garage thread, but they're RTX Turbine 17's with 225/45/R17 tires. The ride is pretty good, but the tires I got are a little noisy.

The green Tein springs, if I'm not mistaken, are S-Tech. I'm also thinking I should get tint this summer, and do something with my badges. I've seen some people here who've put red film over the yellow section of their tail lights, with great results, so I'm looking into doing that as well. I might also look into HID, but projectors are out of my budget at the moment so I'm still on the fence. Happy modding!
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

86foxgt wrote:I look forward to meeting all of you guys at a meet sometime. It seems like we are all kind of relatively close to each other.
In case you haven't seen it yet, there is a meet coming up in July in Erie, Pennsylvania if you're interested ;). I know it's a little far from Indiana, but there's going to be a good number of GenVibers from all over there.
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
86foxgt wrote:I look forward to meeting all of you guys at a meet sometime. It seems like we are all kind of relatively close to each other.
In case you haven't seen it yet, there is a meet coming up in July in Erie, Pennsylvania if you're interested ;). I know it's a little far from Indiana, but there's going to be a good number of GenVibers from all over there.
Im interested. Whats the exact dates for it??
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

MrHatchWagon wrote:That's a very good list! You probably saw it in my garage thread, but they're RTX Turbine 17's with 225/45/R17 tires. The ride is pretty good, but the tires I got are a little noisy.

The green Tein springs, if I'm not mistaken, are S-Tech. I'm also thinking I should get tint this summer, and do something with my badges. I've seen some people here who've put red film over the yellow section of their tail lights, with great results, so I'm looking into doing that as well. I might also look into HID, but projectors are out of my budget at the moment so I'm still on the fence. Happy modding!

Awesome! I've read some good things about those. What Struts do I have to run with those?? I want to get it low for summer.
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38501 This thread says Tokico struts are supposed to be great for your handling with manageable ride quality, but you can use S-techs with your stock struts too. I think Tein also makes adjustable coilovers or something, but I'm not 100% sure.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

86foxgt wrote:Im interested. Whats the exact dates for it??
The meet itself is Saturday July 7th, but many of us will be arriving in Erie on Friday July 6th and leaving Sunday July 8th.
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

J_TO_ENVY wrote:
86foxgt wrote:Im interested. Whats the exact dates for it??
The meet itself is Saturday July 7th, but many of us will be arriving in Erie on Friday July 6th and leaving Sunday July 8th.
Are there any other plans for the meet? Any cruises?
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

MrHatchWagon wrote:viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38501 This thread says Tokico struts are supposed to be great for your handling with manageable ride quality, but you can use S-techs with your stock struts too. I think Tein also makes adjustable coilovers or something, but I'm not 100% sure.

I might try to swap those on tomorrow!
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

MrHatchWagon wrote:viewtopic.php?f=26&t=38501 This thread says Tokico struts are supposed to be great for your handling with manageable ride quality, but you can use S-techs with your stock struts too. I think Tein also makes adjustable coilovers or something, but I'm not 100% sure.
Do you happen to know about the exhaust that I bought? I think it might be the exhaust for the 1zz motor. Will it still line up like the 2zz motor? Has anyone tried it that you know of? Thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

86foxgt wrote:Are there any other plans for the meet? Any cruises?
Yeah, there has been talk of a cruise at some point, haning out at the park, going out for a group dinner, etc. Bunch of stuff will be going on.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Welcome to GenVibe.
So how did you do your wheels?
is that paint or Plasti-Dip (we love that stuff around here :geek: )

Also, you planning any interior mods? Stereo stuff?
or just cosmetic/performance?
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

86foxgt wrote: Do you happen to know about the exhaust that I bought? I think it might be the exhaust for the 1zz motor. Will it still line up like the 2zz motor? Has anyone tried it that you know of? Thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it.
I feel like it should fit, because Magnaflow's web site doesn't list separate exhausts for Vibes & Vibe GT's (There's only one cat-back system on there), so maybe just look underneath your car and make sure they're shaped the same. I don't think you'll have any problems! If you do run into any, maybe let us know here for future reference, and have a local muffler shop work their magic.

Anyone have more information on the matter?
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:Welcome to GenVibe.
So how did you do your wheels?
is that paint or Plasti-Dip (we love that stuff around here :geek: )

Also, you planning any interior mods? Stereo stuff?
or just cosmetic/performance?

I did them myself. I just went to the local auto parts store and bought black wheel paint. I sprayed 2 coats on them and let them dry for a couple hours. I am also going to put a double-din head unit in again. I also already replaced the front speakers with a nice set of 4-ways. I do plan on replacing the rears and also adding in just a small 10inch sub for nice bass.
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

MrHatchWagon wrote:
86foxgt wrote: Do you happen to know about the exhaust that I bought? I think it might be the exhaust for the 1zz motor. Will it still line up like the 2zz motor? Has anyone tried it that you know of? Thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it.
I feel like it should fit, because Magnaflow's web site doesn't list separate exhausts for Vibes & Vibe GT's (There's only one cat-back system on there), so maybe just look underneath your car and make sure they're shaped the same. I don't think you'll have any problems! If you do run into any, maybe let us know here for future reference, and have a local muffler shop work their magic.

Anyone have more information on the matter?

Awesome! I might try to go tackle that today while the weather is nice. It shouldnt take to terribly long.
86foxgt

Post by 86foxgt »

Just so everyone knows what i have been up to.....

I am hoping to get the exhaust and springs on this weekend... The rain also is keeping me from putting my badges back on.... Hoping for Wednesday or Thursday.
ChuckstrPT

Post by ChuckstrPT »

How's your experience been with the SPEC clutch??
05 GT, Abyss Black, all tarted up...