Any Ideas To Fix A Broken Dead Pedal?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
chadhgraves

Any Ideas To Fix A Broken Dead Pedal?

Post by chadhgraves »

When I first bought my Vibe about 7 years ago, it was missing the dead pedal foot rest on the far left by the brake. So I guess they weren't meant to last very long. The dealership ordered me a new one and it worked great for years. A while back it feel off again. The plastic connectors are broke on the actual dead pedal but the white clips on the floorboard are good. Any ideas to secure it back on or am I going to have to order a new one? It's one of those things that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Has anyone else's fallen off before? If so, how'd you fix it?
tribalman

Re: Any Ideas To Fix A Broken Dead Pedal? (chadhgraves)

Post by tribalman »

i pulled that thing out days after i got the car. i felt it was too narrow and didn't like the way it felt.from what it looks like in your picture, one side looks bent out of shape and the other appears to be missing a huge chunk. to me i would first try some stuff called "green stuff" and reinforce the bent out of shape part and maybe put back together the broken part or maybe just model it back. it is used for War Hammer models. For the amount they sell it for and how much you could possibly need, might not be a good option. i'm not sure if there is an alternative at a hardware store.
None. Vibe is gone.
Serj22

Re: Any Ideas To Fix A Broken Dead Pedal? (tribalman)

Post by Serj22 »

Mine snapped off too and I found it under my foot one day. Junky piece. I remade the shape out of mdf and screwed it down with some bedliner on top. works fine.
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I had an undead pedal. It kept trying to eat my foot.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
chadhgraves

Re: Any Ideas To Fix A Broken Dead Pedal? (Serj22)

Post by chadhgraves »

Serj22, that's a good idea using MDF board. I'm thinking maybe I could make a base for the bottom of the dead pedal using some MDF or some other material and cut out some holes for the plastic connectors on the floorboard to fit into. I'd probably have to cut down the broken clips on the inside of the dead pedal and figure out how to secure the homemade base to the pedal itself. Maybe screws from the sides. Maybe screws from the top with some kind of bed-liner over it to hide the screw heads. I don't know if using caulking or adhesive to hold the dead pedal to the base would hold up in the long run.Good ideas though! It might just be easier to do what you were saying and make a whole new one from scratch. It would definitely be more durable. I'm going to brainstorm on this one some more.